[act-ma] [UJP Activist] Postponed to Feb. 16 due to Snow! Mass. Peace Action Annual Meeting

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Thu Feb 7 17:59:39 PST 2013

UJP Activist: Postponed to Feb. 16 due to Snow! Mass. Peace Action Annual
Meeting P, BODY {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;} H1, H2, H3, H4
{text-align: center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;}
======== POSTPONED TO FEB. 16 DUE TO SNOW! MASS. PEACE ACTION ANNUAL MEETING =

.... 2013 Annual Meeting

*Saturday, February 16, 1-5 pm
First Baptist Church
848 Beacon St, Newton Centre*

Free to members - others $10. /Pre-Register Now!/ [1]

Have you renewed your membership for 2013? Renew (or join) today! [2]

*Join Massachusetts Peace Action as we gather to plan our work in 2013.*

We will complete the election of new board members. Read about the nominees
[3] — Rosalie Anders, Burton Glass, Bonnie Gorman, and Jeff Klein — and
the election process [4]. Candidates will be introduced and there will be a
brief business meeting at the end of the afternoon.

The Raging Grannies will provide musical inspiration. Refreshments will be
served.

/ Pre-Register now! [5] Questions? 617-354-2169 or info at masspeaceaction.org
[6]/

-------- /*SUPPORTING THE PEACEMAKERS*/ --------------------------------------

======== MASSACHUSETTS PEACE ACTION 2013 ANNUAL MEETING ======================

.... /Keynote Speaker/

*Jamal Abdi,* Policy Director of the National Iranian American Council, will
speak on the politics of U.S. threats and sanctions towards Iran and how we
can prevent the drift towards war. Abdi directs NIAC's efforts to monitor
policies and legislation, and to educate and advocate on behalf of the
Iranian-American community. He joined NIAC in 2009 and previously was a
Congressional staffer and field organizer in Congressional elections in
Washington state. He received his B.A. in Political Science from the
University of Washington in Seattle. Abdi has written for The New York Times,
CNN, Foreign Policy, The Hill, The Progressive and Public Service Europe, and
blogs at The Huffington Post and at www.niacinsight.com [7]. He is a frequent
guest contributer in print, radio, and television, including appearances on
Al Jazeera, RT America, NPR, BBC Radio, and VOA.

*/Rep. John Tierney unfortunately cannot attend due to a schedule conflict on
the rescheduled date./*

*Workshops [8]*

 * Defunding Militarism with the Budget for All
 * Iran: Groundwork for Positive/ Peaceful Outcomes
 * War, peace, and climate change: Looking at and acting on the connections
 * Killing Drones and the Law

/Read the workshop descriptions [9]/

-------- • • • RESCHEDULED DUE TO SNOW! - SAME TIME, SAME PLACE, ONE
         WEEK LATER • • • --------------------------------------------

Mass. Peace Action regrets the inconvenience caused by the schedule change.
  We hope everyone can still attend on the new date, Feb. 16. Members
receive discounted admission on all of our events. Please be sure to contact
the office if you have any concerns.

United for Justice with Peace [10] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[11]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [12]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [13] Upcoming Events:  Valentine’s
Day Rally: Tell Washington to “Have a Heart” [14] Thu Feb 14 12:30pm JFK
Federal Building Boston Supporting the Peacemakers: Massachusetts Peace
Action Annual Meeting [15] Sat Feb 16 1:00pm First Baptist Church Newton
Center Walk for Peace For the People – For the Earth - Potluck [16] Wed Feb
20 6:00pm Cambridge Friends Meeting House Cambridge Panel Discussion on
Immigration Reform [17] Thu Feb 21 11:00am tbd Boston area Saint Patrick’s
Peace Parade [18] Sun Mar 17 2:00pm South Boston
/More Peace and Justice Events [19].    How to Submit Events [20]/

[1] http://mapa-2013.eventbrite.com/
[2] http://www.masspeaceaction.org/donate
[3] http://masspeaceaction.org/2427
[4] http://masspeaceaction.org/2440