[act-ma] Wednesday @ 7PM: Help call out Erskine Bowles/Fix the Debt's baloney plan to gut Social Security & Medicare!

Jason Stephany jason at massuniting.org
Tue Feb 19 13:11:15 PST 2013

Friends,
 As you may know, "Fix the Debt" co-founder Erskine Bowles is scheduled to
speak at *Symphony Hall tomorrow night (Wednesday)*, just days after
introducing a new/revamped plan to slash Social Security and Medicare. No
matter what he may call his scheme -- "Simpson-Bowles," "Fix the Debt,"
"Moment of Truth," or whatever -- the goal is the same: our benefits get
slashed and major corporations walk away with more of our tax dollars in
their pockets.

*Beginning at 7:00pm Wednesday*, Boston-area seniors and workers are poised
to stage a "Stop the Baloney" protest outside the event, calling out Bowles
for his ill-conceived plans to cut vital programs and squander the savings.
A summary of these baloney, gut-and-cut schemes are included in today's
blog post from MassUniting (pasted and linked below). *You can sign up to
join the protest and invite friends here.
*<https://www.facebook.com/events/492327534138340/>

Happy to answer any questions you may have,
Jason

*MassUniting Blog | The New Simpson-Bowles Plan: Get Ready for More
Cuts!<http://massuniting.org/2013/02/19/the-new-simpson-bowles-plan-get-ready-for-more-cuts-massuniting-february-19-2013/>

--
Jason A Stephany

Communications Director