[act-ma] [UJP] Wednesday: Pull the Pork from the Pentagon!

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Thu Feb 21 23:59:14 PST 2013

UJP: Wednesday: Pull the Pork from the Pentagon! p, h1, h2, h3 {font-family:
Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial; }
======== WEDNESDAY: PULL THE PORK FROM THE PENTAGON! =========================

-------- STOP CUTS TO VITAL PROGRAMS • TAX THE 1% • REDIRECT PENTAGON
         SPENDING ------------------------------------------------------------

-------- NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION ----------------------------------------------

Across the country, grassroots activists are standing up to make their
priorities loud and clear. The middle class is the backbone of America, and
it’s time Congress listened to us, not Pentagon CEOs. As a decade of war
comes to a close, it’s time to transfer wasteful Pentagon spending into
programs that benefit all Americans.

The people of Massachusetts voted for the Budget for All in all 91 cities and
towns where it was on the ballot. They said Congress should stop cuts to
vital programs, create jobs, tax the 1% and corporations, bring the troops
home and cut Pentagon pork. It’s time for Congress to follow the mandate of
Massachusetts voters!

.... February 27, 2013 @ 4:30 pm

.... Park Street Station, Tremont & Park Streets, Boston

 * Nearly one in five of our federal budget dollars are going to the Pentagon
   — that’s roughly $660 billion a year and more than what the next 19
   countries spend combined.
 * We can reduce the bloated Pentagon budget by $100 billion a year without
   harming our national security or our troops.
 * We start by ending corporate welfare for Pentagon contractors and their
   CEOs.

-------- PROTECT OUR PRIORITIES. PROTECT THE MIDDLE CLASS. -------------------

Sign the Petition: http://bit.ly/14pJIBL [1]

For more information or to Volunteer contact:
Budget for All Massachusetts • info at budget4allmass.org [2] • 617-354-2169
• www.budget4allmass.org [3]

Info on the National Day of Action: pullthepork.org [4]

United for Justice with Peace [5] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[6]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [7]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [8] Upcoming Events:  Budget for All /
Fund Our Communities Not War - Statewide Meeting [9] Sat Feb 23 1:00pm
Worcester Friends Meeting Worcester Deepening Crisis in the Middle East:
Syria, Iran and Israel/Palestine [10] Mon Feb 25 7:00pm Boston University -
CAS Room 211 Boston Pull the Pentagon Pork! [11] Wed Feb 27 4:30pm Park St
Station Boston Organizing Meeting for a Boston Area Anti-Drone Coalition [12]
Mon Mar 4 7:00pm American Friends Service Committee Cambridge Saint
Patrick’s Peace Parade [13] Sun Mar 17 2:00pm South Boston Music for Peace:
Music of Rachmaninov and Schumann [14] Fri Apr 19 7:30pm Harvard-Epworth
United Methodist Church Cambridge
/More Peace and Justice Events [15].    How to Submit Events [16]/

[1] http://bit.ly/14pJIBL
[2] mailto:info at budget4allmass.org
[3] http://www.budget4allmass.org
[4] http://www.pullthepork.org