[act-ma] Feb 26th - The Making of a Debt Resisters' Movement

Steve Revilak steve at srevilak.net
Fri Feb 22 16:34:50 PST 2013

Here is a great chance to understand and strategize about current debt
resistance struggles in a historical context:

OB Strike Debt is hosting George Caffentzis, a New York Strike Debt
speaker, on the Boston leg of his New England speaking tour.

He'll be giving a talk titled "The Making of a Debt Resisters'
Movement from Shay's Rebellion to the Rolling Jubilee," followed by
discussion.

Tuesday Feb. 26 at Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St (2nd floor)
Boston, MA (in Copley Square)

Food and social time: 6:30 p.m.
Talk starts at about 7 p.m.

George Caffentzis is a Professor of Philosophy at the University of
Southern Maine (Portland). He is a member of Strike Debt. He has
written books on the philosophy of money as well as many essays on
social, political and economic issues. His most recent book, "In
Letters of Blood and Fire: Work, Machines, and the Crisis of
Capitalism," will be published by CommonNotions and PM Press.

We welcome everyone to what should be a very interesting and relevant
evening.

FYI, George Caffentzis will also be on "Radio with a View" WMBR
(88.1FM) Sunday 2/24 at 11:25 a.m.

                                 * * *

Occupy Boston's Strike Debt working group was inspired by the
#StrikeDebt group in NYC; we seek to draw attention to issues
surrounding debt and indebtedness.

You can view our working group material at
http://wiki.occupyboston.org/wiki/Strike_Debt
and sign up for our mailing list at
https://lists.mayfirst.org/mailman/listinfo/strikedebt.
We'd love to have you involved!