[act-ma] CitySprouts Dig It! 2013

Kristin Russo kristinmrusso at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 08:24:07 PST 2013

Hello,

I am subscribed to ACT-MA and was wondering if I could post an announcement
event for the organization I am interning for. CitySprouts is hosting their
annual Dig It fundraiser event on March 14, 2013 at the Liberty Hotel in
Boston. I am going to send you a press release for this announcement below
so you can check it out and share with readers who may be interested. Thank
you!

-Kristin Russo

* *

CitySprouts Dig It! 2013

Thursday March 14, 2013

6pm to 8:30pm

*Master of Ceremonies, David Coffin*

Raffle and Live Auction

Liberty Hotel *Ballroom*

215 Charles Street, Boston

*Help us grow!* CitySprouts is raising $75,000 to bring our school garden
program to two new partner schools in Boston: The Ellis School in
Dorchester and The Mather School in Roxbury, connecting more children to
garden-based learning in their schools.

Since 2000, CitySprouts has made hands-on learning, environmental
stewardship and the experience of growing food part of public education.
CitySprouts program builds capacity in our partner schools to make the
outdoor classroom garden a resource for teachers, parents and community.
CitySprouts is currently serving 18 schools in the Greater Boston area: all
JK-8 public schools in Cambridge, two Boston public schools and two Lynn
public schools.

Dig It! 2013 is our annual fundraising event. This year’s party will be at
the Liberty Hotel in Boston on March 14th from 6pm to 8:30pm.

Dig It! will feature a live auction and raffle. Live auction items include:

o    Signature CitySprouts cider pressing staffed by CitySprouts garden
coordinators to the school of your choice

o   A private lamb butchering demonstration with Boston Chef Josh Lewin and
dinner for 6 at the highly acclaimed Beacon Hill Bistro

o   Two matching custom built children’s chairs by artist Mitch Ryerson

CitySprouts youth interns from the Cambridge Summer Youth Program will be
at Dig It! to talk about their experiences of learning how to grow and cook
food from the garden.

To purchase tickets on line, visit www.citysprouts.org