[act-ma] MONDAY ANTI-DRONE MEETING 7 PM

Marilyn Levin marilynl at alumni.neu.edu
Fri Mar 15 12:45:47 PDT 2013

At this Monday's meeting we will continue the organizing of April actions.
(Discussed: March/rally/die-in at Park St., action at MIT, send contingent
to Syracuse to protest at drone base.)  We will also talk about the mission
statement (see below)  and decide if we want to join the network.

Attached are the notes from our last meeting.

Hoping to see everyone there.

Anti-Drone Organizing Meeting

Monday, March 18, 2013, 7:00 pm
American Friends Service Committee
2161 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge - Porter Sq T

The Network to Stop Drone Surveillance and Warfare (NSDSW) was organized in
New York on December 15, 2012, with the following statement of purpose:

Horrified by the facts of the era of drone warfare and surveillance
technology, we declare our commitment to establishing an ongoing network of
groups and organizations. The Network to Stop Drone Surveillance and Warfare
seeks to initiate and coordinate events and actions that will raise a united
and spirited voice for justice and peace, and to stop weaponized drones and
related technology applications. These activities are aimed at highlighting
the illegality, immorality, and unconstitutional nature of using drones to
spy on and/or kill human beings.

 No to Drones <http://justicewithpeace.org/files/u415/NoDrones_356.jpg> The
Network has called for "April Days of Action
<http://nodronesnetwork.blogspot.com/2012/12/national-anti-drone-group-calls
-for.html> " to spotlight drone manufacturing facilities, drone research and
training, and drone bases.

Eastern Massachusetts organizers met March 4 to join together to take up the
NSDSW's call, plan one or more April actions, and potentially form an
ongoing network. This is a follow-up meeting.

Contact UJP at 617-383-4857 or e-mail info at justicewithpeace.org for more
information.