[act-ma] Thursday 3/21: "Roadmap to Apartheid" - Free UPandOUT film screening / International anti-Israel Apartheid events

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Tue Mar 19 10:03:41 PDT 2013

[for other anti-Israel-apartheid events scheduled for Boston, nationwide
and internationally this month, see Israeli Apartheid Week
<http://boston.apartheidweek.org/>]

  /Roadmap to Apartheid
  /

Showing Thursday, March 21st, in Cambridge [please download distribute &
flyer
<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-130321-Roadmap%20to%20Apartheid.pdf>]<http://rule19.org/download-film/film-130321-Roadmap%20to%20Apartheid.pdf>

This award-winning documentary takes a detailed look at the apartheid
analogy commonly used to describe the Israeli policy of discrimination
towards Palestinians.

Narrated by Alice Walker (author of The Color Purple), *Roadmap to
Apartheid* is as much a historical document of the rise and fall of
apartheid in South Africa, as it is a film about why many Palestinians
feel they are living in an apartheid system today, and why an increasing
number of people around the world agree with them.

The film compares the many similar laws and tools used by both Israel
and apartheid-era South Africa. The audience will see what life is like
for Palestinians in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and inside Israel.
Combined with archival material and anecdotes from South Africans, the
film forms a complete picture as to why the analogy is being used with
increasing frequency and potency.

Materials available, including the new pamphlet /*Israel's Worldwide
Role in Repression*/, by IJAN [International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network].

//"*Roadmap to Apartheid*/is a harrowing expose of Israel's unique
system of official discrimination./" ~Naomi Klein

"*Roadmap to Apartheid*/demonstrates for all to see that the use of the
term ~apartheid' to describe the system of Israeli oppression of the
Palestinians ...accurately describes a system condemned by the
international community ... Not only does it elevate the viewer's
understanding of the system of Israeli oppression, but it inspires the
viewer to want to act in solidarity with the Palestinian people/." ~
Bill Fletcher, Former President of TransAfrica Forum

"/Children have been shot in other conflicts I have covered, but never
before have I watched as soldiers enticed children like mice into a trap
and murdered them for sport./"  ~ Christopher Hedges, American
Journalist on assignment in Gaza

"/Israel should have exploited the repression of the demonstrations in
China, when world attention focused on that country, to carry out mass
expulsions among the Arabs of the territories/." ~ Benyamin Netanyahu,
then Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister, former Prime Minister of Israel,
speaking to students at Bar Ilan University, from the Israeli journal
Hotam, November 24, 1989

"/We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation,
and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab
population./" ~Yisrael Koenig, "The Koenig Memorandum"

"/The Israelis control the policy in the congress and the senate
...somewhere around 80 percent of the senate of the United States is
completely in support of Israel -- of anything Israel wants./"  ~
Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Senator William
Fullbright, 10/07/1973 on CBS' "Face the Nation"

"/The Capitol Hill is an Israeli occupied territory/". -- Patrick
Buchanan (St. Louis Dispatch, 10/20/1990)

"/I've never seen a president --I don't care who he is-- stand up to
[the Israelis]. It just boggles your mind. They always get what they
want. The Israelis know what's going on all the time. I got to the point
where I wasn't writing anything down. If the American people understood
what grip those people have on our government, they would rise up in
arms. Our citizens don't have any idea what goes on./" ~Admiral Thomas
Moorer of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. (See Washington Report 12/1999,
p.124 quoting from Andrew Hurley's book, "One Nation Under Israel")

*When/where*
doors open 6:40; film starts promptly 7pm
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos>

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
*free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.**
**[donations are encouraged]*

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education/." ~
Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series* - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos>

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, Libya. Syria, Iran, So America, etc
etc - for billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for
the loss of liberty and civil rights...