[act-ma] JOB: Online Organizer, Corporate Accountability International- Boston

Michaela Howard mhoward at stopcorporateabuse.org
Wed Mar 20 07:56:11 PDT 2013

Hi all!

We are expanding our campaigns at Corporate Accountability International
<http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org>and looking for a talented Online
Organizer to manage the organization’s growing email advocacy and web
presence! We would really appreciate it if you could share the position
with your networks.

The Online Organizer<http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org/job-posting/online-organizer>will
work closely with our talented campaign organizers and development
staff to generate grassroots action from activists in each of our campaigns
areas and drive online fundraising. And, will help cultivate and empower
our newest activists and members, mobilizing them in new ways to challenge
corporate abuse head on.

Is this you, or someone you know? Please feel free to pass this information
along to folks that might be interested and get in touch with me if you
have recommendations for candidates.

Full job description is below.

Onward,

Michaela

--

Michaela Howard

Recruitment Organizer

Corporate Accountability International

jobs at stopcorporateabuse.org

www.StopCorporateAbuse.org <http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org/>

Visit us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/stopcorporateabuse> and join
our online activist network <http://stopcorporateabuse.org/Get-Involved.>.

*Online Organizer
<http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org/job-posting/online-organizer>*

Corporate Accountability International, a powerhouse in challenging
corporate abuse for 35 years, is seeking an Online Organizer to manage the
organization’s growing email advocacy and acquisition program and web and
social media presence. As the Online Organizer, you will work closely with
our talented campaign organizers and development staff to generate
grassroots action from activists in each of our campaigns areas and to
drive online fundraising. And, you will help cultivate and empower our
newest activists and members, mobilizing them in new ways to challenge
corporate abuse head on.

Corporate Accountability International has been instrumental in challenging
food, water and tobacco industry abuses. The Online Organizer position will
play a key role to increase the impact of these campaigns going forward.
Just last year, members and allies across the country helped compel the
National Parks Service to move forward with a plan to stop the sale of
bottled water at the Grand Canyon, despite an attempt by Coca-Cola to get
the plan tabled. In the fall, we launched the multi-media project Food
MythBusters with author Anna Lappé, a project that directly challenges the
Big-Food-perpetuated myth that we need industrial, chemical agriculture to
feed the world.

As the Online Organizer you report directly to the Managing Director of
Communications, while working closely with our talented communications
team. The organization is made up of more than 60 smart and driven staff
and interns working in a fast-paced and fun working environment with a
network of members and allies across the world.

*Major Responsibilities:*

·          Manage the organization’s email advocacy and acquisition program
as well as uploading and segmenting emails in a SalsaLabs platform.

·          Coordinate with the campaigns and development teams to increase
campaign impact and money raised through online organizing strategies.

·          Manage list growth acquisitions.

·          Maintain the organization’s web presence, ensuring the home page
and subpages are maintained and updated with fresh content as well as
troubleshooting technical problems as they arise.

·          Implement organizational social media strategy, training key
staff on social media best practices.

·          Manage web projects.

·          Recruit and manage a communications intern.

·          Stay informed on emerging online technologies through relevant
blogs, listservs, trainings and conferences.

·          Work with data team to track, report, and analyze all email and
site metrics, using data to improve site and email performance.

·          Occasionally draft and edit online content across platforms –
email, web, blog and social media.

·         Participate in organization-wide planning, fundraising and
campaign activities.

*Minimum Qualifications*:

·         Demonstrated commitment to social justice and progressive social
change.

·         At least two years of experience in online organizing, online
fundraising or web site management.

·         Experience with CRM’s and CMS’s, ideally including Salsa,
Raiser’s Edge and Drupal.

·         Experience developing and executing data-informed online
engagement and fundraising plans.

·         Demonstrated experience executing a strategic social media
engagement strategy.

·         Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and CSS. Javascript a
plus.

·         Strong facilitation and project management skills.

·         Solid writing and editing skills a plus.

·         Ability to work in a team setting.

*Salary and benefits:* Commensurate with experience, with a generous
benefits package including health, dental, FSA, 401 (k), ongoing training
and growth opportunities. Upbeat, collaborative, and goal-oriented office
atmosphere.

*Location:* Campaign Headquarters- Boston, MA

*To Apply:* Email letter of interest, résumé, and three to five references
to Sarah Bennett at jobs at stopcorporateabuse.org. Please let us know where
you heard about the position.

*Corporate Accountability International is an equal opportunity employer
and an inclusive organization. People of color, women, and LGBTQ people are
strongly encouraged to apply. **For 35 years, Corporate Accountability
International has successfully challenged corporations like Nestlé, General
Electric, and Philip Morris to halt abusive practices that threaten human
rights, public health, the environment and our democracy. The organization
is expanding—and leading campaigns challenging some of the world’s most
powerful industries in food and agriculture, water and tobacco.*