[act-ma] Wed 4/17 at 6pm - Bob Moses and Kendra Lara - EMPOWERING YOUTH THROUGH EDUCATION - AN INTERGENERATIONAL APPROACH

Kelly deWolfe dewolfe.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 09:56:04 PDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Community Change, Inc. <info at communitychangeinc.org>
Date: Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Subject: **LOCATION CHANGE** EVENING EVENT WITH BOB MOSES AND KENDRA LARA -
EMPOWERING YOUTH THROUGH EDUCATION: AN INTERGENERATIONAL OBJECTIVE
To: dewolfe.kelly at gmail.com

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=npy7msbab&v=001PAHSyKgq2Iq97r8N_9ppOxz2EYlODEUOdE5_95pJPXeiFJJ9MxynyPfx-jwuPvQB0bLpVxEVWttw87KkSOsSWOvIdBNbYWNCVyUR9V6LiY8qa6l7BJ0ewiiAYuW6Ll98zyy6RsFwpnQrmxnpMEnP2ieU5sEvzywi_cr5vrm4UwhYBZ2lH2B5JO9aYW_oLXdrNfLQ284CHiLKCsmgsYSbzvwsUXCyVYNg51XdB98K_5yO-xNlp_cger-2QGMCrp1pph8_FL4Ah9aKSgT92GOE-Xa2RtpZOOnEQ-GhDaQZgBc%3D>
      [image: cci]

          *
BOB MOSES AND KENDRA LARA - Empowering Youth Through Education: An
Intergenerational Objective
*
*The second event of our Anti-Racist Leadership in Action! Series*
  [image: horace seldon award]                      [image: lifetime
achievement award]
 *
APRIL 17th at 6pm
*
*

AT

Irish International Immigration Center
100 Franklin St.
Boston, MA
*

*KENDRA LARA AND BOB MOSES will be continuing our series with a
conversation about the effects of racial inequalities in the education
system. Collaborating across generations, they will discuss the impact of
their work in education and what they have learned about empowering youth
to make systemic change.

BOB MOSES, recipient of our Lifetime Achievement award, was director of the
Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) where he revitalized and
led several organizations in their efforts to eliminate Jim Crow in the
1960's. Bob also has a PhD from Harvard in W.V.O. Quine's philosophy of
mathematics and is founder and President of the Algebra Project, Inc.,
which uses mathematics as an organizing tool for a Quality Public School
Education (QECR) for all students.

KENDRA LARA, recipient of our Emerging Leader award, is a young activist
engaging in self-directed studies at Goddard College, focused on developing
alternative curriculum for young people who are affected by the trauma of
community-based violence and structural oppression. She is also a
co-founder of the Beantown Society, a youth program based in Jamaica Plain,
with a mission to unite youth in Boston across race, class, culture, and
neighborhood to end youth violence.  *
      *You can't be a passive anti-racist; it takes ACTION. Last November
29th, we honored eight individuals and one organization at our annual
event: The Community Change Leadership Awards: Challenging Structural
Racism.*
*
This series will allow us to feature the awardees and the unique insight
each brings to anti-racist activism. Coming from diverse backgrounds and
working in different fields, each speaker will have the opportunity to
discuss their work and explore the ways in which combating racism has
played an important role in shaping their careers.*
 A $5 donation is suggested.
*
*
*Please RSVP* by email to kelly at communitychangeinc.org

*If you can not come in person, tune in on link below and watch the
conversation live.
http://ustre.am/JDvY<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=0011IukeWFWbwQa_eSCejmvZ0tsWFsw0xsXoesyToQI5mFknNrDL2iBfJZXFRG56mapz-esC6Xnk6X3OSw-sMTH2XS9YA6Wu18kTlmgGH5SX2s=>
*
                                   *        Stay Connected*
  [image: Like us on
Facebook]<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=0011IukeWFWbwQe5KlPw40iouWmUSAYqTX7UPk5eYPYlw-OJnGXCfDQOQfbFUs7Y-lRl-AN0MhiQKtWbIchXbepOIFBm0nkbnCmgk28iCrW5nTEFFVdR2B63bRV0mEHKndJFN5-AbIISuvJJT0cFhcORXWCT7aMnFy-3zWACJHtOqdLLMEj0Uu7blUkWlPr44Gx>

[image: Follow us on
Twitter]<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=0011IukeWFWbwT-Y_iK-E3G22Z0ji13lq-lSpN0oyQnG9aI_KiFSPYKIpwoccp-XmiWRmlq_NPMc0YhH_Poq7eNhJZc0DCoLbZLRly0CkAKtgJyuR93XRciXg==>

--

Kelly deWolfe