[act-ma] Appeal to Join Candle Light Vigil in Solidarity With Boston's Islamic Community Friday 9 p.

Marilyn Levin marilynl at alumni.neu.edu
Thu Apr 18 10:38:54 PDT 2013

Appeal to Join Candle Light Vigil in Solidarity With Boston's Islamic Community Friday 9 p.m

 AFSC LOGO <http://afsc.org/sites/default/themes/afsc/images/AFSC-logo-trans.png>

Friends,

     I spoke this morning with Imam Ibrahim Rahim of the Allston-Brighton Islamic Center, as we do what we can to help ensure that innocent people are not targeted in the aftermath of Monday’s Marathon  criminal attacks.

     In response to my question of what people of good faith can do to stand with communities that may be  stigmatized and victimized unjustly, he asked that people join in a candlelight vigil this Friday (April 19) at 9 p.m at the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center. That’s at 100 Malcolm X Blvd, Roxbury Crossing, There’s an Orange Line T stop there.

    If you can, in solidarity, please join this vigil.

    For peace, justice and human solidarity,

     Joseph Gerson

     American Friends Service Committee

  _____

AFSC Peace & Economic Security Program

2161 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02140
United States

Phone: 617-661-6130
pes at afsc.org
http://afsc.org/program/peace-economic-security-programg <https://nero.starcafecrm.org/sites/nero.starcafecrm.org/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=7343&qid=416614>

Opt Out of all messages from the Peace  <https://nero.starcafecrm.org/index.php?q=civicrm/mailing/optout&reset=1&jid=1713&qid=416614&h=b703c7314a0bab1a> & Economic Security Program:

Our ability to work for Peace and Justice depends on individual contributions. Please help to fuel the Peace & Economic Security Program financially by making an online donation
Donate Here  <https://nero.starcafecrm.org/sites/nero.starcafecrm.org/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=7344&qid=416614>

  <https://nero.starcafecrm.org/sites/nero.starcafecrm.org/modules/civicrm/extern/open.php?q=416614>