[act-ma] Community Church of Boston Update

CCB Info info at commchurch.org
Fri Apr 19 11:47:44 PDT 2013

Dear Friends,

As you may be aware, the Community Church of Boston building has been locked-down as part of the crime scene in downtown Boston and it looks like it won't be accessible for our Sunday service on April 21st so I want to tell you our plans for that day. If we are allowed access to the building by 10:30am on Sunday, we will have a modified service in our usual space there, starting at 11, without lunch.

If we are not allowed access to the building by 10:30am, Sunday morning, we will join our sister church, the Arlington Street Church, at the corner of Arlington and Boylston Streets, for their 11am service. Catie Scudera, their Intern, will be leading the service and they will be hosting musician Roy Zimmerman, who will be doing our benefit on April 27, so here's a good opportunity to promote that!

We are also working with Old South Church and others to participate in a re-claiming of the Boston Marathon Finish Line at 12:15 Sunday morning, if the area is accessible.

This is an opportunity to be in solidarity across all kinds of usual boundaries and barriers, in the face of the on-going manifestations the violence that seems to permeate our society and world. The people know there is another, better way possible! Let us join each other on Sunday to be the change that is needed, in the face of forces that can isolate us and control us with fear. If you have questions or concerns, I ask that you email me at congdirccb at gmail.com or text me at 603-986-8687, if you can. If necessary, call me at the same number.

Yours in faith and solidarity,
Linda Jenkins
Social Justice Congregational Director