[act-ma] May-16, Thur, 7:30 PM, Red Sun Press, Meeting on forming a Boston-area Community Development Credit Union

R. Wayne Clark rwayneclark at igc.org
Mon May 13 14:47:46 PDT 2013

Community Members,

Would you like to join a Credit Union (a form of financial co-operative),
which was dedicated to using the depositors savings to invest in building
consumer & worker co-operatives and other small businesses in our
neighborhoods which promote local economic growth and in rebuilding the
community that we all desire.  Yeah, me too.  And, so does Peter Brown at
Red Sun Press.  But, first we have to create the organization.

So, we are holding an initial organizing meeting, on Thursday, 2013-May-16,
at 7:30 PM at Red Sun Press, 94  Green St., Jamaica Plain, MA.  We will be
finding out more about CDCU's (Community Development Credit Unions), talking
about what we might need to do to start one in the Boston-area (where none
currently exists), and gauging whether there is enough interest to put the
work in to get it going.

If you want more information, please contact me or Peter Brown at the email
addresses below.

We hope to see you in the credit union line!

Co-operatively, Wayne & Peter.

R. Wayne Clark, rwayneclark at igc.org

Info_Co-op Associates

P. O. Box 66085

Auburndale, MA 02462

603-512-8015

OR

Peter T. Brown, peterb at redsunpress.com

Red Sun Press | Cell: 857.234.3872

www.redsunpress.com | Tel: 617.524.6822

Print Green? Print Union? Print Co-op? Say YES with Red Sun Press!