[act-ma] 2NITE! 6:30 PM! SEATTLE SOLIDARITY NETWORK EVENT, 45 MT AUBURN ST CAMBRIDGE!!

Geoff Carens geoff.carens at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 04:34:01 PDT 2013

Dear All,

You may have heard about the Seattle Solidarity Network, aka
SeaSol<http://seasol.net/>,
a vibrant workers' and tenants' volunteer mutual aid organization. SeaSol
has been winning victories against bad bosses and rotten landlords, and
tonight SeaSol's Matt Adams will introduce this flexible & powerful new
model. Inspired by SeaSol, the fledgling Boston Solidarity Network is now
working in collaboration with our neighbors and fellow workers, fighting
back against abuses like the theft of wages and security deposits. By
supporting each other through collective action and winning, we build our
strength, experience and confidence. We can then take on bigger opponents,
and as we take back more from the bosses we start to realize what is
possible -- we can create a new world.

You're invited to join the discussion about why Solidarity Network
participants believe that forming mutual aid organizations in every city is
one initial step toward building a movement of resistance based around
people's daily experiences, and fighting back against the rich and
powerful. The event starts tonight at 6:30 pm at the Democracy Center, 45
Mt. Auburn St, just a couple blocks from the Harvard Square Red Line MBTA
stop. See you there!

For the Boston Solidarity Network (BSOL),

Geoff