[act-ma] 6/17 Neighbors Discussing the Human Right to Water in East Boston (6:30 p.m., Monday, June 17)

Suren Moodliar suren at fairjobs.org
Thu Jun 6 05:36:10 PDT 2013

Friends,

Join Massachusetts Global Action/encuentro 5 as we host a community
conversation about the Human Right to Water. This community-based event
brings together local activists and community residents to address both
local and global concerns about the affordability and security of water
supplies. Globally, the United Nations Secretary General has framed a stark
picture, "We live in an increasingly water insecure world where demand
often outstrips supply and where water quality often fails to meet minimum
standards. Under current trends, future demands for water will not be met."
(see attached). Locally, we are concerned about the ever-increasing price
of water, its impact on utility costs and rent, and long-term plans for new
infrastructure. This meeting will prepare for a dialogue with policy makers
including seekers of public office and the Boston Water and Sewer
Commission.

The Color of Water Community Conversation
Monday, June 17, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
46 Bennington Street, East Boston, MA 02128
(one block from Central Square Park, close to the Maverick and Airport
T-Stops)
Snacks and refreshments served
(conversation in English and Spanish)

For more information, please call 888-400-1225 or visit the
http://ColorOfWater.org website.

To co-sponsor the event and help frame the conversation, please call Suren
- 617-968-0880.

Thanks,

Kim Foltz-Diaz, Rafael Medina, Sandra Ruiz-Harris, Alisa LaSotnik and Suren
Moodliar, for e5/MGA