[act-ma] Who Owns Boston & What Can We the People Do About It?

Wes Nickerson wn at wesnick.com
Mon Jun 10 08:56:12 PDT 2013

Who Owns Boston & What Can We the People Do About It?
http://www.green-rainbow.org/who_owns_boston

Talk by Shirley Kressel, Followed by Discussion
Community Room at Tent City, 130 Dartmouth Street, Boston 02116
June 11, 7-9 pm, Free Event

How are Big Businesses in Boston avoiding paying their fair share of
the taxes? What has been the relationships between Big Business and
the elected political leadership of Boston (Mayor and City Council)?
How does the 1% exercise their wealth and power to the detriment of
the people of our city?

What can We the People Who Live in Boston do to transform this
condition and create a city that will strengthen our neighborhoods,
improve municipal services and invest in creation of a public school
system where every child will have a quality education? How can we
use this election season to educate the public about this essential
question, and to elect a new Mayor and City Council that will better
serve the interests of the people of our city instead of the superrich?

Shirley Kressel has been an expert for decades in exposing how the
rich and powerful have enriched themselves and corrupted our
political leaders. She is a landscape achitect/urban designer and an
advocate for government that is accountable to the public and serves
the needs of the community. She also writes a column for South End News.

Refreshments and Beverages will be provided by Greater Boston Chapter.

Action Meetings are a free monthly feature of Greater Boston Chapter
of the Green-Rainbow Party.
Action Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
For further information, contact Greg Williams, Co-Chair of the
Greater Boston Chapter,  gcw2849 at yahoo.com  617-501-0253