[act-ma] 6/21 Cuba + Puerto Rico | Invitación a Volar (Artists Talk)

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Sat Jun 15 07:53:17 PDT 2013

*/Cuba + Puerto Rico | Invitación a Volar/***
ON VIEW: May 1 -- June 29, 2013*
*La Galería at Villa Victoria Center for the Arts, a program of IBA*
85 W. Newton St., Boston, MA 02118 *
*FREE AND OPEN TO ALL!*

Ian Deleon's first solo exhibition explores how colonial narratives
continue to impact Cuba and Puerto Rico today. Through sculpture,
performance and video, the project invites viewers to think critically
about the role our government plays in keeping the Caribbean "grounded"
and imagine what it would take for this "bird of the Antilles" to fly
freely.

***RSVP on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/events/646676568692875/>***

*ON VIEW: May 1 -- June 29, 2013
ARTIST TALK: Friday, June 21, 6-8PM*

*GALLERY HOURS:*
Thursday and Friday: 3---6PM / Saturday: 1---4PM
or by appointment: (617) 927-1742 / avrodriguez at iba-etc.org
<mailto:%20avrodriguez at iba-etc.org%C2%A0>

*FREE AND OPEN TO ALL!*

*For more information, call (617) 927-1707*

http://iandeleon.com/home.html
http://iandeleonarts.tumblr.com/

La Galería at Villa Victoria Center for the Arts is a program of IBA -
Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción, a non-profit organization that since 1968
has been dedicated to increasing the social and economic power of our
community through education, economic development, technology, and arts
programming.
*

Click here to download press images
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/57452395@N08/sets/72157633418335551/with/8714828276/>