[act-ma] Bradley Manning rally Saturday

Susan McLucas susanbmcl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 06:54:32 PDT 2013

I hope you can join us this Saturday, July 27 at Park St Station, 1pm, when
we will participate in an international day of action in support of Bradley
Manning, the heroic Wikileaks whistle-blower.  The judge has ruled against
the defense motion to dismiss the most serious charges, so Bradley is
facing the very real possibility of life in jail for telling the truth.

We will have signs and an open-mic format.  We hope to have some press
presence.  If you don't think that blowing the whistle on war crimes in a
crime, please come and raise your voice.  Please help us spread the word.

We also have a space going down to Fort Meade for the end of the trial and
final rally.  It leaves Wed eve, 7/24.  Contact Al Johnson at (781)
891-0377 if you may be able to go.

Whether or not you can come Saturday, here are ways to help Bradley Manning:

*Sign the online petition at the Bradley Manning Support Network (for link
go to http://www.bradleymanning.org/ ) addressed to the Secretary of the
Army to drop all the charges and free Bradley Manning-1100 plus days are
enough! Join the over 30,000 supporters in the United States and throughout
the world clamoring for Bradley’s well-deserved freedom.

*Come to our stand-out in support of Private Bradley Manning in Central
Square, Cambridge, Ma. (corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Prospect Street
near MBTA Redline station) every Wednesday between 5-6 PM.

*Go to Fort Meade down in Maryland if you are in the area and sit in at the
trial on the days it is in session. Please check with the Bradley Manning
Support Network
http://www.bradleymanning.org/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bradleymanning.org%2F&h=MAQGlTmgL&s=1>for
details on transportation, directions, security procedures, days the
court is in session and the like.

*Contribute to the Bradley Manning Defense Fund- now that the trial has
started funds are urgently needed! The hard fact of the American legal
system is the more funds available the better the defense, especially in
political prisoner cases like Bradley’s. The government has unlimited
financial and personnel resources to prosecute Bradley. And has used them.
So help out with whatever you can spare. For link go to http://
www.bradleymanning.org/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bradleymanning.org%2F&h=6AQHl85gZ&s=1>

*Call (Comments”202-456-1111), write The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania
Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500,
e-mail-(http://www.whitehouse.gov/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.whitehouse.gov%2F&h=9AQHK2ZpU&s=1>
’contact/submitquestions-and comments) the White House to demand President
Obama pardon Bradley Manning.

*Write letters of solidarity to Bradley Manning while he is being tried.
Bradley’s mailing address: Commander, HHC, USAG, Attn: PFC Bradley Manning,
239 Sheridan Avenue, Bldg. 417, JBM-HH, VA 22211. Bradley Manning cannot
receive stamps or money in any form. Photos must be on copy paper. Along
with “contraband,” “inflammatory material” is not allowed. Six page
maximum. Mail sent to the above address is forwarded to Bradley.

…and a seventh- Come to Park Street Station in Downtown Boston at 1;00 PM
on Saturday July 27th and stand with Bradley as part of an international
day of solidarity as his trial winds down and a decision impending. Check
the Bradley Manning Support Network event page for details at http://
www.bradleymanning.org/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bradleymanning.org%2F&h=xAQHD97Pr&s=1>
Also see our local website:  BradleyManningSquare.org.

Susan McLucas