[act-ma] 7/29 Software Freedom, Security, Privacy, and Anonymity, in Context of the Modern Surveillance State (Mon)

Jeremy Keim-Shenk jkeimshenk at wesleyan.edu
Thu Jul 25 18:28:12 PDT 2013

"Software Freedom, Security, Privacy, and Anonymity, in the Context of the
Modern Surveillance State"

Come to the Lucy Parsons Center on Monday evening, July 29 for a talk and
open-ended discussion organized by the Greater Boston Free School.

How can the freedom to use free/libero software as everyone wishes, to copy
it, change it, and share those changes be the most neglected yet vital link
for our digital privacy and empowerment? What are common security mistakes,
and what are the tools we have to protect ourselves, our conversations, our
browsing, and our abilities from intentionally designed limitations and
inquiry?

7/29, 7pm
@ the Lucy Parsons Center
358A Centre Street in Jamaica Plain