[act-ma] [UJP] Remembering Hiroshima: August 6, Cambridge

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Thu Jul 25 20:15:04 PDT 2013

UJP: Remembering Hiroshima: August 6, Cambridge P, BODY, LI {font-family:
Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align:
center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;}
======== REMEMBERING HIROSHIMA: AUGUST 6, CAMBRIDGE ==========================

-------- TUESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2013, 3:30 PM - CAMBRIDGE ------------------------

.... //

.... /68 years later, it’s time!
     President Obama, let’s join international efforts to eliminate the
     danger of nuclear weapons!/

-------- MEMORIAL PROCESSION, MUSIC, TALKS, AND FILM -------------------------

*3:30* Gather at Cambridge City Hall, 795 Mass. Ave. Japanese dancers
(invited), antiwar singer Pat Scanlon and music, Welcome by Mayor of
Cambridge, Reading of Proclamation.

*4:15 *Memorial Procession down Mass. Ave. via Harvard Sq. to Brattle Sq.,
led by the drummers of The New England Peace Pagoda.

*4:45 *Memorial speakers, music and meditation at Brattle Square. Brian Corr,
Peace Commissioner of Cambridge; Ira Helfand, North American Vice-President,
International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War; Pat Scanlon.

*7:00 *Film "Hibakusha, Our Life To Live" at Brattle Theater, followed by a
panel discussion with filmmaker David Rothauser and professor Akihiko
Kimijima.

This day reminds us that only through remembrance and action can we build a
non-violent world free of the atrocities of nuclear weapons.

of Cambridge, Harvard Square Business Association, Memory Productions,
Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom-Boston, American Friends
Service Committee, Veterans for Peace-Smedley D Butler Brigade, Newton
Dialogues on Peace & War, Mass. Global Action/encuentro 5, and United for
Justice with Peace

/"The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of
thinking, and thus we drift toward unparalleled catastrophe. We shall require
a substantially new way of thinking if mankind is to survive." - Albert
Einstein, 1946//
/

/“So long as nuclear weapons exist, we are not truly safe.” – President
Barack Obama, 2013/

/The world has about 17,000 nuclear weapons. The U.S. has about 8,000, but
intends to spend more than $200 billion, to develop "enhanced" nuclear
warheads, new missiles, new bombers, new submarines, and new warhead
manufacturing facilities. We disagree-- do you?  Sign the petition! [1]///

United for Justice with Peace [2] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[3]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [4]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [5] Upcoming Events:  Shut Down
Brayton Point [6] Sat Jul 27 9:00am Brayton Point Coal Plant Somerset
Remembering Hiroshima [7] Tue Aug 6 3:30pm Cambridge City Hall to Brattle
Square Cambridge FILM: "Hibakusha, Our Life to Live" [8] Tue Aug 6 7:00pm
Brattle Theater Cambridge
/More Peace and Justice Events [9].    How to Submit Events [10]/

[1] http://org.salsalabs.com/o/161/c/3952/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=13855
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate
[4] mailto:info at justicewithpeace.org