[act-ma] Organize a screening of "Where Should The Birds Fly" about Gaza?

Skip Schiel skipschiel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 08:33:52 PDT 2013

*"Where Should The Birds Fly" is the first film about Gaza made by
Palestinians living the reality of Israel’s siege and blockade of this tiny
enclave.   It is the story of two young women, survivors of Israel’s
Operation Cast Lead. Mona Samouni, now 12 years old and the filmmaker, Fida
Qishta, now 27, represent the spirit and future of Palestinians. The film
is a visual documentation of the Goldstone Report. But it is so much more.
 It reveals the strength and hope, the humanity and humor that flourishes
among the people of Gaza. Few films document so powerfully and personally
the impact of modern warfare and sanctions on a civilian population.*

You may wish to organize a screening of this very worthy movie. (If in the
Boston area, I could help.)

Info here:

http://whereshouldthebirdsfly.org

Review here:

http://electronicintifada.net/content/cruelty-israels-cast-lead-assault-captured-new-documentary/12508

—Skip

+++++++++++
Skip Schiel (a.k.a. Ein El Nour)
9 Sacramento St
Cambridge MA 02138-1843 USA
617-441-7756 (land)
617-230-6314 (mobile, used infrequently)

(email) skipschiel at gmail.com <skipschiel at gmail.com>
(website) http://teeksaphoto.org <http://teeksaphoto.org>
(blog) http://skipschiel.wordpress.com <http://skipschiel.wordpress.com>
(movie) http://eyewitnessgaza.net <http://eyewitnessgaza.net>
**

   *A picture is a secret about a secret, the more it tells you the less
you know.

*― Diane Arbus

  * *

**

To join my email list about my current spring 2013 experiences in *
PALESTINE-ISRAEL*, and for postings related to that issue and very personal
reflections and photographs, please reply with SUBSCRIBE LEVANT in the
subject line.

To subscribe to my *PHOTO-MOVIE* list, what I make (on a variety of
topics), plus relevant other information and examples from other
photographers. I'll send links (average 1-3 links per week), not actual
photo files. If interested, please respond with SUBSCRIBE PHOTO-MOVIE.