[act-ma] Concert, clean-up, and kitchen!

The Democracy Center info at democracycenter.org
Tue Aug 6 12:40:23 PDT 2013

Hey friends!

Hope your summer is going well, and you're enjoying these sunny days :)

Just wanted to send you an invitation, along with a couple updates on the
Democracy Center...

On *Sunday, August 25th*, we're hosting a *Democracy Center Community
Potluck and Concert!*

Ever wondered about what REALLY goes on at the Democracy Center? Come meet
other people who use the space and the organizations that call the Center
home, and learn about rad projects going on in Cambridge and the greater
Boston area!

This is a potluck-style event, so bring a dish to share! Vegan options will
be provided, along with fair trade coffee donated by Equal Exchange.

Then stay for a DC-sponsored concert featuring Boston rock group Peach Pit,
experimental string quartet The Happy Maladies, and Mexican-born
percussionist Reynaliz Herrera!

Everyone is welcome!

Check out the Facebook event
here<https://www.facebook.com/events/400648333374932/>,
along with these links to the individual artists:

The Happy Maladies (OH): http://thehappymaladies.com/
Peach Pit (Boston): http://lepeachpit.bandcamp.com/
Reynaliz Herrera (Boston): https://www.facebook.com/Reynalizherreramusic

We are also *looking for someone who can install floor tiles *and, on a
long-term basis, *weekly handyman.*  We REALLY need to retile our kitchen
floor ASAP, and will need a handyman who can come by for a few hours every
week to help with miscellaneous repairs.  Please let us know if you or
someone you know is qualified and interested!

We're also doing some mid-summer cleaning, and are trying to purge the lost
and found. Right now there are several nice winter jackets, as well as nice
pairs of shoes and a yoga mat, just hangin' out, so if they're yours,
please come claim them soon, before they get donated!

And, as always, thank you for your support of the Center. We exist because
of you!

Thanks, and be well,

Sarah Cadorette
Coordinator