[act-ma] Rad Org Conf Reception this Fri eve 8/9 @JPCH

María Christina Blanco mcblanco at diezlunas.org
Wed Aug 7 11:31:11 PDT 2013

OPENING RECEPTION FOR
THE 2013 RADICAL ORGANIZING CONFERENCE:  BUILDING A MORE UNIFIED
LEFT-ORIENTED “MOVEMENT OF MOVEMENTS”

FRIDAY, AUGUST 9 2013,   6:30 – 8:30 PM, Community Room at JPCoHousing

COME GREET AND MEET our ROC featured speakers,
NTANYA LEE and STEVE WILLIAMS

This year’s Radical Organizing Conference, being held Saturday, August
10, will feature their talking about the impetus for “More Than We
Imagined.” This final report is the result of a year-long project called
Ear to the Ground, in which they interviewed more than 150 social
justice organizers in 30 communities across the country and asked them
to reflect on the nature of this moment in history, their assessment of
social justice forces, and what should be the response of  “the
movement” to the unique challenges and opportunities of our time.

PLEASE JOIN US AS WE WELCOME THEM TO BOSTON AND TO ROC!

María Christina Blanco, Community Organizer/Organizadora Comunitaria
City Life/Vida Urbana, 284 Amory St., Jamaica Plain MA 02130
(617)524-3541 x313office (617)372-3022 cel mcblanco at clvu.org
<mailto:mcblanco at clvu.org>
"Look closely at the present you are constructing. It should look like
the future you are dreaming." ~ Alice Walker