[act-ma] Oct 18, screening of "Ghosts of Jeju" at BU

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Mon Oct 14 12:31:13 PDT 2013

[please forward widely]
Friday, Oct 18
B19, BU School of Theology
745 Comm Ave, Boston
Free and open to the public

7-10pm, film and discussion

  Director Regis Tremblay presents his film, "The Ghosts of Jeju:
  <http://www.theghostsofjeju.net/>"

"A shocking documentary about the struggle of the people of Jeju Island,
S. Korea. Set in the context of the American presence in Korea after
World War II, the film reveals horrible atrocities at the hands of the
U.S. Military Government of Korea.

Using previously secret and classified photos, film and documents, this
will be the first English-language documentary about the struggle of the
brave people of Gangjeong Village who are opposing the military advance
of the United States, just as their parents and relatives did in 1947.
As then, they are being arrested, jailed, fined, and hospitalized for
resisting the construction of a massive naval base that will accommodate
America's "pivot to Asia," and will destroy their 400 year old village
and their UNESCO protected environment."

*Testimonial*:
"It was a smashing hit....people were crying and they were clapping at
the end.....I handed out the DVD's strategically to key leaders in
various Swedish cities, and from Finland, Norway, Denmark, Germany,
Japan and Mexico.....people passed the hat to send money to the village
but I insisted they keep the money towards sending a representative from
Sweden to the village ASAP......they loved the music, the story, and the
resistance.....many people sent congrats to you....it's was a European
opening night showing......5 stars. Add Russia to list of places I sent
DVD home with....a man who works directly for Putin."

- Bruce Gagnon

Ghost of Jeju - BU flyer