[act-ma] Whistle blowers support/anti-spying demo Sat

Susan McLucas susanbmcl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 19:22:44 PDT 2013

Folks,
We're calling people out to the Park St space at 1 on Saturday, Oct 26, to
be a Boston part of a demo in Washington for which I include the message
below.  We want to celebrate whistle blowers like Edward Snowden and
Chelsea Manning and protest the NSA spying.

If you can make or bring signs, that will be good.  We'll have some, but
maybe not enough.

One idea I've had is to either sing or play "Let the sunshine in" which you
can hear in this clip. I think I'll try to come Sat with this on my audio
player to play through the amplifier so that we can sing with it.
http://youtu.be/g9S3slDC8SE?t=2m31s

Susan McLucas

Stop watching us: Oct 26, Washington DC rally supporting whistleblowers
  digg
[image: submit to reddit] <http://www.reddit.com/submit>
 STOP WATCHING US: RALLY AGAINST MASS SPYING SAT. OCT. 26th – WASHINGTON DC

At the StopWatching.Us rally on October 26, we’ll remind our elected
officials that they work for us, not the
NSA.<https://rally.stopwatching.us/>We are demanding a full
Congressional investigation of America’s
surveillance programs, reform to federal surveillance law, and
accountability from public officials responsible for hiding this
surveillance from lawmakers and the public. And we will personally deliver
the half million petition signatures to Congress.

This will be the biggest rally for privacy the U.S. has ever seen. Will you
be there?

Click here to RSVP. <https://rally.stopwatching.us/>

*Pvt. Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden: two of the most important
whistleblowers of our time. *
Location:

Gather at Columbus Circle in front of Union Station, then march to the
Capitol Reflecting Pool
Date and time:

12pm Eastern,
Saturday October 26th

StopWatching.us is a coalition of more than 100 public advocacy
organizations and companies from across the political spectrum, including
the Private Manning Support Network. We came together in June 2013 to
demand the U.S. Congress investigate the full extent of the NSA’s spying
programs.
STAND UP AND SUPPORT OUR WHISTLEBLOWERS