[act-ma] Anarchist Study Group- Max Stirner

EJ Kobek ejkobek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 17:41:31 PST 2013

Thursday, December 12, 7PM-8:30, East Cambridge
call 617-492-2340 to RSVP and for directions

Do you want to get an introduction to the early Anarchist thinkers and
their ideas?  We're have a study group that discussion a different thinker
each month.  The main reading is not very long, and supplemental readings
are more in depth.

In December we're talking about Max Stirner, author of The Ego and His Own
and advocate of "extreme individualistic anarchism".    What's intriguing
about such a philosophy?  What's problematic?

Suggested Reading: Please read at least one

Chapter 16 of Demanding the Impossible: a History of Anarchism by Peter
Marshall
online:  http://libcom.org/library/demanding-impossible-history-anarchism
There are copies at the Boston Public Library

Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Stirner

Online writing of Max Stirner:
http://theanarchistlibrary.org/authors/Max_Stirner.html

Selection 11, pp. 45-51
Anarchism:  A Documentary History of Libertarian Ideas.