[act-ma] [UJP Activist] TOMORROW! Veterans for Peace Fundraiser with Two Great Bands!

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Tue Dec 3 08:45:03 PST 2013

UJP Activist: TOMORROW! Veterans for Peace Fundraiser with Two Great Bands!
P,LI, BODY, DIV.event-when,DIV.event-where {font-family: Verdana, Arial,
Helvetica; font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align: center;} H3
{font-size: 15px;} H2 {font-size: 16px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;} IMG.bord
{border: 2px solid black;} IMG.nb {border-width: 0;} LI {font-size: 13px;}
.rtecenter {text-align: center;} .rteindent1 {margin-left: 10pt; }
======== TOMORROW! VETERANS FOR PEACE FUNDRAISER WITH TWO GREAT BANDS! =======

    Please consider attending the
  Veterans For Peace Fundraiser  Johnny D's, 17 Holland Street, Davis
Square, Somerville  Wednesday, December 4th 6pm-11pm
  It will be a fun time, two great bands;    "Willie Sordillo Jazz
Ensemble"                          and       "Public
Interest"
      /Be sure to wear your dancing shoes/ /
/         PLUS OUR GIANT RAFFLE WITH OVER 50 FABULOUS PRIZES
We at Veterans For Peace work for peace on earth not just during the holiday
season but also year round. Yet it’s only once a year that we reach out to
our friends and community to ask for your support. (We don’t get after you
once a month, or even once a week, as some organizations do.)  We’re
having a fundraiser at Johnny D’s in Somerville on December 4th where
there will be great food and entertainment, a raffle with wonderful prizes
donated by businesses all around Boston and some serious boogying by VFPers
and friends, young and old.  Please check out the enclosed flyer. We’d
love to have you join us Dec. 4 at Johnny D’s where the cover charge is
only $15.00 and the whole evening is a lot of fun.  *If for whatever reason
you can’t make it that night, we would very much appreciate for you to
consider a donation to Veterans For Peace in whatever amount you can afford,
in support of our work and mission.*   In case you’re not totally familiar
with what we do here’s a rundown.  First off, our mission:  “Veterans
for Peace, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) educational and humanitarian
organization dedicated to the abolishment of war.”  During the past year
our members have worked hard to stop drone warfare, prevent the bombing of
Syria, support Chelsea Manning and block the KXL pipeline. We conduct a
Memorial Day event on the Boston waterfront. We march in several parades
including on Armistice/Veterans Day. We periodically serve meals at the New
England Center for Homeless Vets.  We support an orphanage in Vietnam and a
water project in Iraq.  We do extensive work with Iraqi refugees here in the
Boston area. And for the past three years we’ve organized a St. Patrick’s
Day Peace Parade in South Boston that’s all inclusive because the Allied
War Veterans Council won’t permit organizations like us who have
“peace” in their name, or LGBT organizations or others they deem
inappropriate to march in their parade.   In sum, we know we’re doing
important work in the cause of peace.  We hope you agree and we hope
you’ll support us either by your presence at our annual Johnny D’s
fundraiser or with a check if you can’t come.  *You can send donations,
made out to Veterans For Peace to: P.O. Box 1604, Andover, MA 01810* Thank
you very much.   *Veterans for Peace, Chapter 9, Smedley D. Butler Brigade*
*P.O. Box 1604, Andover, MA 01810* *
*

United for Justice with Peace [1] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[2]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [3]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [4] Upcoming Events:  Unmanned:
America's Drone Wars [5] Tue Dec 3 7:00pm St. James Conference Room Salem
Veterans for Peace Fundraiser [6] Wed Dec 4 6:00pm Johnny D's Somerville
Voices Across the Divide [7] Tue Dec 17 7:00pm Coolidge Corner Theater
Brookline
/More Peace and Justice Events [8].    How to Submit Events [9]/

[1] http://justicewithpeace.org
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate
[3] mailto:info at justicewithpeace.org
[4] http://www.justicewithpeace.org
[5] /node/4796
[6] /node/4803
[7] /node/4790
[8] http://justicewithpeace.org/upcoming-events
[9] http://justicewithpeace.org/posting-events
[10] /newsletter/confirm/remove/54b7b5e2b33576t76