[act-ma] [UJP Activist] Federal Budget Crisis: Who’s winning? Who’s losing? What can we do about it?

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Mon Dec 9 13:00:02 PST 2013

UJP Activist: Federal Budget Crisis: Who’s winning? Who’s losing? What
can we do about it? P,LI, BODY, DIV.event-when,DIV.event-where {font-family:
Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align:
center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;} H2 {font-size: 16px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;}
IMG.bord {border: 2px solid black;} IMG.nb {border-width: 0;} LI {font-size:
13px;} .rtecenter {text-align: center;} .rteindent1 {margin-left: 10pt; }
======== FEDERAL BUDGET CRISIS: WHO’S WINNING? WHO’S LOSING? WHAT CAN WE
         DO ABOUT IT? ========================================================

.... /As homeless families pour into shelters, Yacht owners keep their tax
     breaks!/

======== FEDERAL BUDGET CRISIS ===============================================

-------- WHAT’S HAPPENING? WHAT’S AT STAKE? WHO’S WINNING? WHO’S
         LOSING? AND WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT? --------------------------------

Over the next 3 months there will be major budget decisions being made in
Washington that could seriously impact our country for years to come. First
we have to understand what’s happening and then we have to act if we want
to protect jobs, save vital public services, end tax breaks for the richest
companies on earth and reduce the Pentagon budget

/The Budget for All Campaign invites you to
this important educational update with/

Jo Comerford, Director, National Priorities Project
The Sequester. Continuing Resolutions. Conference Committees. New deadlines.
Threats of new shutdowns and defaults. Who can understand it all? Jo
Comerford will help us make sense of it all so we can act effectively

Carolyn Federoff, Vice President, Mass. AFL-CIO; Vice President, AFGE Local
3258 Carolyn will outline for us the key decisions that will be made over the
next few months and the impact these decisions will have on all of us. She
will turn the present budget discussion on its head so we can see what a
sensible budget would look like.

-------- TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17, 7:00 PM
         UNITE HERE, 33 HARRISON AVE., BOSTON
         /CHINATOWN OR DOWNTOWN CROSSING T/ ----------------------------------

Budget for All!
/Stop the Cuts • Invest in Jobs • Fair Taxes • End the Wars/
11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138

www.budget4allmass.org [1] • 617-354-2169 • info at budget4allmass.org
[2]

United for Justice with Peace [3] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[4]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [5]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [6] Upcoming Events:  Stop the BU
Bio-Terror Level 4 Lab: Pack the Court [7] Wed Dec 11 2:00pm State Superior
Court Boston Voices Across the Divide [8] Tue Dec 17 7:00pm Coolidge Corner
Theater Brookline Federal Budget Crisis [9] Tue Dec 17 7:00pm UNITE HERE
Boston
/More Peace and Justice Events [10].    How to Submit Events [11]/

[1] http://www.budget4allmass.org
[2] mailto:info at budget4allmass.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate
[5] mailto:info at justicewithpeace.org
[6] http://www.justicewithpeace.org
[7] /node/4807
[8] /node/4790
[9] /node/4808
[10] http://justicewithpeace.org/upcoming-events
[11] http://justicewithpeace.org/posting-events
[12] /newsletter/confirm/remove/54b7b5e2b33576t76