[act-ma] Year Up Boston still accepting applications for March 2014 program

Kerry Thompson thompson0692 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 11 16:24:38 PST 2013

I learned yesterday that Year Up in Boston ( www.yearup.org ) still has openings for their March program for young adults 18 - 24 years old. I was really impressed by what I heard of the program. If you know someone who is motivated to go through a half-year program of professional skills training and another half-year of internship, please let them know that priority applications will be closing soon. The admissions process consists of several steps, so anyone interested should start by submitting an online interest form.

They also have several job openings available in the Boston office. Here is more information...

- Kerry Thompson, Lancaster, MA

=============================
About Year Up

Year Up's mission is to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education.

We achieve this mission through a high support, high expectation model that combines marketable job skills, stipends, internships and college credits. Our holistic approach focuses on students' professional and personal development to place these young adults on a viable path to economic self-sufficiency.

Who can apply?

You can apply to be a Year Up student if you are:

    * 18-24 years old
    * High school graduate or GED recipient
    * Of low to moderate income
    * A U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
    * Available 5 days a week (Mon-Friday) for the full year of the program
    * Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
http://www.yearup.org/students_alumni/main.php?page=admissions&sub_section=national