[act-ma] Occupy Update--It's Getting Hot Out There!

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Sat Dec 14 05:14:51 PST 2013

Greetings!

Three items!

1. Boston First Night Against the Wars, planning meeting 12/16/13

https://www.facebook.com/firstnightagainstallwars

2. End the Fed, Rally, 12/21/13, 11:00 a.m. Federal Reserve Building

https://www.facebook.com/events/626011197456862/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&suggestsessionid=f5f2282417823d3d359d6a8de6ff2d0c

3. Basic Income Guarantee Congress,  June 26-29, 2013

http://www.usbig.net/index.php

Is it possible to live without money?

In this the season when many people celebrate the birth of the King of
Peace by feeding the capitalist death machine at the very bottom, a list of
websites that will help you live, almost, without money.

FORWARD WILDLY,

Aria Penny Littlhous

(please look for Aria Littlhous on Facebook)

1. BOSTON FIRST NIGHT AGAINST THE WARS 2013-2014

Come celebrate the close of 2013 with First Night Against All Wars!

Join a growing coalition of people dedicated to ending all forms of
oppression !

Noon until 6pm

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Facebook page

First Night Against All Wars

https://www.facebook.com/firstnightagainstallwars

Meeting
first at 565 Boylston St. Community church of Boston and then walking
on over to our set up location on the steps of the Boston Public Library
(corner of Boylston & Dartmouth starting at Noon till six after the parade).

We'll have free hot chocolate and snacks for passersby who stop to pick up
your
literature. We're
also going to have a bright sticker that has broad appeal and that everyone
opposed to these
wars can wear.

We're organizing an educational action that reaches the 100,000s of people
who will be in Boston
to celebrate First Night. We want to welcome them. We want to celebrate.

But we also want everyone to be fully conscious of the many wars:

• Wall Street and Government's War on Us!

•The wars on women.
•The wars on people of color and immigrants.
•The wars on working people.
•The wars in Africa and Middle East.
•The war on the environment.

These are all connected!

Help make this happen!

To help with the planning and organizing, please call
"Dan the Bagel Man", Daniel Kontoff, at 857-272-6743.

Daniel.Kontoff at yahoo.com

Our second planning meeting will be on Monday, December 16 at 6:30 PM at
the Community Church 565 Boylston Street Copley Square

2. End The Fed

This looks to be the second in a series of events. The first is Sunday,
12/15, the third is 12/23.  Check facebook for details.

Saturday, December 21, 2013, 11:00am

*

Let's celebrate the 100th Year Anniversary of the Federal Reserve by
demolishing it. :)

   -

Bring your signs, your hype, your dolla billzzz to BURRNN, your knowledge,
and your love.

   -

Let us highlight the history and destruction of the Federal Reserve to the
people. Please post any helpful links.

Let us instill the possibility of a world without this currency. Let us
discuss actions and solutions towards a world where money is NOT the
motivator. End the debt, end the corruption, end the greed, RESTORE
HUMANITY.

   -

"We are unstoppable; Another world is possible!"

We are Anonymous.

We are Legion.

We do not Forgive.

We do not Forget.

Expect Us.

3. Basic Income Guarantee

http://www.usbig.net/index.php

How can progressives avoid pitting workers in old school industries against
workers in the new economy? Or those in “our” country against those in
other countries? Should we rely on capitalists to redistribute profit? A
Basic Income Guarantee--let’s say 21,000/yr---stops the madness. “Replacing
all entitlements with a BIG and healthcare” stops the paternalism.

http://interoccupy.net/occupystrategy/2013/10/occupy-strategy-groups-top-10-recommended-strategic-objectives/

Is It Possible to Live Without Money?

There are several great organizations in the Boston area that want you to
try, see below.

Most of these companies and organizations are examples of’  the “sharing
economy”, “collaborative consumption” and DIY, “Do It Yourself”. All are
great ways to divert energy away from the behemoths that rule our lives. As
a political strategy they offer the twin advantages of being decentralized
while supporting the best parts of a market economy.  As ways to earn small
amounts of money, they offer those disenfranchised by profit mongering
dinosaurs a way to keep body and soul together without relying on the
state. These are the groups that help individuals create their own wealth
and the new organizations that will suck the life blood from the evil
empire.

1. Bartering for Services: http://www.timetradecircle.org/

This website takes the hassle out of bartering by awarding Time Trade
Circle “hours” for hours “worked” that you can use to “pay” other members
for their services. People post “offers” and “wanted” much like freecycle.
The site tracks the trades.

2. Free Stuff: http://groups.freecycle.org/freecycleboston/posts/all

Freecyclers are great people. Join up and post here for just about
anything.  And if you have something that you want to get rid of, in some
ways it’s better than craiglist because it’s one-to-one--I’ve never had a
freecycler not show up.

3. More Free Stuff and other stuff: http://boston.craigslist.org/

The grandaddy of re-use, re-purpose, re-sell.  You can get anything you
want on craigslist for half the price of new. Services, jobs, discussion
forums, personal ads, all FREE.

4. Traditional Chinese Medicine: http://www.pathwaysboston.org/

Great healthcare at a great price.

5. Peer to Peer Mental Health Counseling: http://cci-usa.org/index_2.htm

Take class, get a partner, and you’re set to go.

(click on “contact us” to find an email for the Boston Coordinator)

6. What can you get for $5? How can you earn $5 or more! Click here to find
out:

http://fiverr.com

7. Task Rabbit, like fiverr.com but real time. Another great way to make a
little cash.

https://www.taskrabbit.com/dashboard

8. Relay Rides, rent a car from a neighbor.

https://relayrides.com/

9. Lyft, get a lift from a neighbor, only available on smart phones.

https://www.lyft.me/

10. Boston Coop Network, live and work with friends.

http://www.bostoncoop.net/

11. Bitcoin, don’t use the coin of the realm, use bitcoins:

http://bitcoin.org/en/

12. Credit Unions, don’t feed the machine:

http://moveyourmoneyproject.org/

13. Shop of the Open Heart, get touchy feely, not mauled.

https://www.facebook.com/events/621459484577822/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

   -

      Tuesday <https://www.facebook.com/events/calendar/2013/December/17><https://www.facebook.com/events/calendar/2013/December/17>
      -

      7:00pm
      *
      -

      Old Oak Dojo (www.oldoakdojo.com)
      - *
      -

      Dec 17th, 7pm @ Old Oak Dojo on Chestnut Place
      -
      -

      Tis' the Season, so come join your neighbors for JP NET's second
      annual Holiday Party!
      -
      -

      Deborah Frieze, author of "Walk Out, Walk On: A Learning Journey Into
      Communities Daring to Live the Future Now, will share a new gifting
      practice with us:
      -

      Each participant contributes an item, something meaningful or dear,
      that they would like to give away. People can also offer their
talents and
      abilities in the form of a service (e.g. massage, a lesson, a
personalized
      serenade). After taking some time to “window shop,” each person
selects an
      offering that calls to him or her. Then you take the opportunity
to connect
      with the giver to hear the story and significance of the gift.
      -
      -

      This is known as Shop of the Open Heart, and more info about how it
      works can be found at:
      http://www.walkoutwalkon.net/events/shop-of-the-open-heart-2013/<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walkoutwalkon.net%2Fevents%2Fshop-of-the-open-heart-2013%2F&h=YAQFp5lJi&enc=AZOrKJY_qjs-b6sbodI68Vd7mWIujH-oFtRkYzcLGCBdn9ssl60VA3c7a3haxwRSePo&s=1>
      -
      <http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walkoutwalkon.net%2Fevents%2Fshop-of-the-open-heart-2013%2F&h=YAQFp5lJi&enc=AZOrKJY_qjs-b6sbodI68Vd7mWIujH-oFtRkYzcLGCBdn9ssl60VA3c7a3haxwRSePo&s=1>
      -

      Please bring a gift to this Desserts&Drinks potluck, part of JP NET's
      effort to stir interest in the role of gifts and gifting in the new
      economy. It is a potluck, so bring some food/sweets to share and anything
      else to help add to the festive atmosphere. We will provide hot beverages
      to warm up with.
      -
      -

      Come out to wish your neighbors a good holiday season and to reclaim
      our gifting culture from mass consumerism.
      -
      -

      Due to the limited space of the venue, RSVP to
tracybindel at gmail.comis required. The event will be capped at 30
people so send in your RSVP as
      soon as you can.
      -
      -

      Hope to see you there!

--
"Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits
of the few." passed by Occupy Boston General Assembly 11/29/11