[act-ma] [UJP] iPaid my Taxes, Apple should too!

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Sat Dec 14 23:45:02 PST 2013

UJP: iPaid my Taxes, Apple should too! P,LI, BODY,
DIV.event-when,DIV.event-where {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;
font-size: 12px;} H1, H2, H3, H4 {text-align: center;} H3 {font-size: 15px;}
H2 {font-size: 16px;} H1 {font-size: 17px;} IMG {border: 2px solid black;} LI
{font-size: 13px;} .rtecenter {text-align: center;} .rteindent1 {margin-left:
10pt; }
======== IPAID MY TAXES, APPLE SHOULD TOO! ===================================

*There’s Nothing Merry about this Christmas Budget Deal!*

*Congress plays Santa Claus to the Pentagon and multi-billion dollar
companies like Apple while the rest of us get austerity*

*Join us on Saturday, December 21 at noon*

*Apple Store • 815 Boylston Street, Boston • Copley or Auditorium on the
Green Line*

Across-the-board "sequester" cuts have hurt our families, our children, our
seniors. Although the latest budget deal limits the damage, it raises
out-of-control Pentagon spending and does nothing to close $90 billion in
offshore corporate tax loopholes – nor does it extend benefits to 1.3
million unemployed families facing cut offs this Christmas.

Last year, Apple Computer skipped out on $9 billion in federal taxes by
shifting $36 billion of sales offshore.  Other multi-billion dollar
companies paid no federal taxes at all! If Apple paid its fair share, we
could reverse cuts to Food Stamps, the homeless, and the unemployed.

It’s time to *Take a “Byte” Out of Apple!*

*Tell Apple: /Think Different!/  **Pay Your Taxes !*

*Tell Congress: Renew unemployment insurance, reduce military spending, bring
the troops home and end corporate tax loopholes!*

======== FEDERAL BUDGET CRISIS ===============================================

/What’s happening? What’s at stake? Who’s winning? Who’s losing? and
what can we do about it?/

*Carolyn Federoff, AFGE, and Jo Comerford, Nat'l Priorities Proj.*

Tuesday, Dec. 17, 7pm
UNITE HERE, 33 Harrison Ave, Boston

More Details Here [1]

/Budget for All!/

/Stop the Cuts · Invest in Jobs · Fair Taxes · End the Wars/

11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138
www.budget4allmass.org [2] • 617-354-2169 • info at budget4allmass.org [3]

United for Justice with Peace [4] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[5]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [6]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [7] Upcoming Events:  SOLD OUT! Voices
Across the Divide [8] Tue Dec 17 7:00pm Coolidge Corner Theater Brookline
Federal Budget Crisis [9] Tue Dec 17 7:00pm UNITE HERE Boston iPaid my Taxes,
Apple should too! [10] Sat Dec 21 12:00pm Apple Store Boston First Night
Against the Wars! [11] Tue Dec 31 12:00pm steps of the Boston Public Library
Boston
/More Peace and Justice Events [12].    How to Submit Events [13]/

[1] http://justicewithpeace.org/node/4808
[2] http://www.budget4allmass.org/
[3] mailto:info at budget4allmass.org
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org