[act-ma] Fwd: Reminder & Details: Charles Eisenstein on Sunday 1/26

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Fri Jan 24 13:47:15 PST 2014

    *The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know is Possible: An Evening with
Charles Eisenstein*

*Sunday January 26th, 4:00pm*

*First Church JP, 6 Eliot St (map
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wrAWdUDBScpnTGBCXv65sQcF37dE1Kej>)*

*RSVP on Facebook
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LAoHX9l56qYvLFNBroiChgcF37dE1Kej>
or by
email
<info at jamaicaplainforum.org?subject=RSVP%20for%201%2F26%20Charles%20Eisenstein%20forum>*

------------------------------

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kG65xojKyIaLZtUSLf%2FRZHLPgA8kgU8W>
 <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6A5GWpyLlJImARksI57R%2FwcF37dE1Kej>

[image: JP Forum]

*Community Conversations on the Great Issues that Shape Our Neighborhood
and Our Planet*

Dear Daria,

We're very excited about our event with Charles Eisenstein coming up
this *Sunday
1/26 at 4pm at First Church in Jamaica Plain* (UU). A few details:

   - *Doors will open at 3:15pm.* We will be in the main church sanctuary,
   and we expect a big crowd - come early for good seats!
   - *Bring light finger foods to share** if you can.* Light potluck
   reception to follow.
   - *Parking is limited.* Please take transit, walk, bike, or carpool if
   possible.

We look forward to seeing you Sunday!

Peace,
Greg Buckland, JP Forum Coordinator
  *Videos:*  <http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=BXNu8u03BkwsqTj03aG3jQcF37dE1Kej>
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=56cvajljmVN4uQlQuJTk7AcF37dE1Kej>
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pJKrd%2BtiLgWTPVOgzayQBQcF37dE1Kej>
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dwHCjXQI2P5l2LczmY31rwcF37dE1Kej>

Click here to view even more
videos.<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=AEKqWNKh5jxjCEzPVvc3YgcF37dE1Kej>Also,
true to the spirit of the Gift, *all
of Eisenstein's books are available for free online
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qpfEYA9AH1oZ8UtXIEXqMwcF37dE1Kej>
as
a gift to the public.*
The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know is Possible: An Evening with
Charles Eisenstein

*"When any of us meet someone who rejects dominant norms and values, we
feel a little less crazy for doing the same. Any act of rebellion or
non-participation, even on a very small scale, is therefore a political
act."*
     --Charles Eisenstein, *The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know is
Possible*

*Sunday January 26th, 4:00pm  First Church JP, 6 Eliot St (map
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=m6A7JAjTEZkbjq51JvredAcF37dE1Kej>)
RSVP on Facebook
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zaMuv0sEtwbNSeWAsnMzrAcF37dE1Kej>
or by email
<info at jamaicaplainforum.org?subject=RSVP%20for%201%2F26%20Charles%20Eisenstein%20forum>*

As our social and ecological crisis deepens, what is our next step as
agents of healing and change?  *Charles
Eisenstein’s*<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PIg4SM%2FWMO1YnQZB1bimEQcF37dE1Kej>*
work is an empowering antidote to the cynicism, frustration, and paralysis
so many of us feel*, replacing it with a grounding reminder of what’s true:
we are all connected, and our personal choices bear unsuspected
transformational power.

Using real-life stories, Charles unites systems-level change with small,
individual acts of courage, kindness, and self-trust. These, he says, can
change our culture’s guiding narrative of separation that has generated the
present planetary crisis.  Charles is the author of several books,
including *Sacred
Economics*<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=EYd0QIFybevt1JmXdV3sGwcF37dE1Kej>and
*Ascent
of Humanity
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=V6Q%2BKb%2BoDgIQT%2B3gMg%2FFqwcF37dE1Kej>*.
 His newest book is *The More Beautiful World Our Hearts Know is Possible
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=jQW%2FG%2Ft90bj3QDCwrK5jcwcF37dE1Kej>*
.

*We are expecting this to be a fairly full event*, so please RSVP on
Facebook<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FkHet1dpvVhWoFRjH%2F2dRQcF37dE1Kej>
 or by email<info at jamaicaplainforum.org?subject=RSVP%20for%201%2F26%20Charles%20Eisenstein%20forum>
so
we can accurately guage attendance. Also, please plan to walk, bike, take
public transit, or at least carpool - parking will likely be somewhat
limited.

------------------------------

*Also coming up at the JP Forum...*
A Utopia to our North?: Durable Economies and Cities that Work for All with
Bruce Seifer, advisor to fmr. Mayors Bernie Sanders and Peter Clavelle of
Burlington, VT

*Wednesday, February 5th, 7pm*

*First Church JP, 6 Eliot St (map
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xjrM5tpUES%2BfM1f3WXMicAcF37dE1Kej>)
RSVP on Facebook
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OQcwqP6fYbdqifN1EFrDwgcF37dE1Kej>
or by
email
<info at jamaicaplainforum.org?subject=RSVP%20for%202%2F5%20Bruce%20Seifer%20forum>*

What is a durable economy? How is it created and what does it take to
sustain it over time? Bruce Seifer, author of *Sustainable
Communities: Creating a Durable Local Economy
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=a0TPBEjuUsjo5ptLPi5PSwcF37dE1Kej>*will
provide insights and answers to these questions by exploring the
components of sustainable economic development at the city level.

Bruce Seifer is a consultant with extensive experience in economic
development. Under former Mayors Bernie Sanders and Peter Clavelle, he led
Burlington, Vermont's Community and Economic Development efforts for 28
years by developing a nationally recognized model for locally focused and
community oriented urban revitalization.
------------------------------

 *And Save the Date!*
4th Annual
State of our Neighborhood Forum
A Community Conversation about Racial Justice and Equity

*Thursday, February 27th, 6-9pm Kennedy Elementary School, Hyde Square JP (*
*map*<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2FolAha%2FoSBCOYeFzUJ8ItQcF37dE1Kej>
*)*

Please join us for our 4th Annual State of Our Neighborhood - we'll be
addressing *gentrification, health equity, fairness for small businesses,
and more* through stories from JP residents and through community dialogue.
Put it on you calendar now!

*Brought to you by JP Forum, JPNDC, JP New Economy Transition, and Southern
JP Health Center.*

 ------------------------------

Help Spread The Word!

Please *foward this email* to your friends, family, co-workers.

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=D2EfbXLOfDPJ8cQi6h2R1QcF37dE1Kej>Please
*"Like" us and invite your friends* on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/jamaicaplainforum<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=XNb%2BLmTkzatrZOtVV%2FblugcF37dE1Kej>

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=m6A7JAjTEZnOm8JEFd9HKQcF37dE1Kej>And
please* follow JP Forum
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xrpsBVRRoORwf4KUkhXq0AcF37dE1Kej>
on Twitter* and tweet and retweet about these great events!
.

--
"Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits
of the few." passed by Occupy Boston General Assembly 11/29/11