[act-ma] OMB Restarts Weekly Updates - and More - at Open Media Boston (week of 1/24/14)

OMB info at openmediaboston.org
Fri Jan 24 16:05:27 PST 2014

Open Media Boston logo <http://www.openmediaboston.org>

Hi folks! Welcome to our first Open Media Boston email update in over
two years. We had stopped doing them during the Occupy movement period
in fall 2011 because our social media presence had grown to the point
where we thought we didn't need to use email to let our audience know
about our latest coverage on a regular basis. However, now that we've
hired our second full-time staffer ever (see editorial below), we're
rethinking our outreach practices and have decided to restart our
updates. Since we haven't done an update in a long time, we'll cover a
couple of weeks of articles with this one. But going forward each update
will generally include material published over the previous week.
Anyhow, check our latest articles out, and be sure to chime in with
feedback about ways we can communicate with you more effectively. You
can always email us at info [at] openmediaboston [dot] org. Read on ...

News: Teen Entertainment Magazine Allegedly Failed to Pay Young Writers
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/teen-entertainment-magazine-allegedly-failed-pay-young-writers-2822

News: Worker Killed in New Bedford Clam Plant Accident, Advocates Call
for Increased Safety in Food Processing Industry
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/worker-killed-new-bedford-clam-plant-accident-advocates-call-increased-safety-food

News: Local Edition #6 - Audio Newscast Series by OMB and WMBR
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/local-edition-6-audio-newscast-series-omb-and-wmbr-2815

News: Rally Calls on Genzyme to Stick with a Union Cleaning Contractor
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/rally-calls-genzyme-stick-union-cleaning-contractor-2813

News: Aaron Swartz Memorial Demonstration in Boston Sees Renewed
Criticism of "Prosecutorial Overreach"
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/aaron-swartz-memorial-demonstration-boston-sees-renewed-criticism-%E2%80%9Cprosecutorial-overreach%E2%80%9D

Editorial: OMB Promotes Jonathan Adams to Associate Editor
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/omb-promotes-jonathan-adams-associate-editor-2819

Editorial: This Saturday (1/25), Check Out the 1st Annual Activist Ball
- Great Party for a Great Cause
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/saturday-125-check-out-1st-annual-activist-ball-great-party-great-cause-2817

Radical Boston: Anti-Imperialist "Support" and Responsibility
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/anti-imperialist-%E2%80%9Csupport%E2%80%9D-and-responsibility-2811

Living: 2/1: Philippines Benefit and Climate Change Awareness Event
http://www.openmediaboston.org/content/21-philippines-benefit-and-climate-change-awareness-event-2818

If you'd like to follow OMB's latest stories via Twitter, click the
following link: http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

If you'd like to join our Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/openmediaboston/.

If you'd like to follow our (occasional) Tumblr blog go to
http://openmediaboston.tumblr.com/.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

Enjoy,

Jason Pramas
Editor/Publisher