[act-ma] 2/4 (Tuesday) Linux class, 6:30pm @ SETC

Steve Revilak steve at srevilak.net
Thu Jan 30 16:51:34 PST 2014

Wanna learn about Linux?  Join us on Tuesday Feb 4th, 6:30 - 8:00 pm
at the South End Technology Center [1], 359 Columbus Ave., Boston.

GNU/Linux is a free software; that's free as in freedom, and free as
in beer.  It's a full-featured operating system, developed by people
from all around the world, and it comes without the costs (or
restrictions) associated with proprietary systems like Windows or Mac
OS.  Linux respects the rights of its users, and it's not tied to a
company who's eager to turn your personal information over to those
notorious three-letter government agencies.

This Tuesday we'll cover GIMP, the GNU Image manipulation program [2].
You can think of GIMP as a Libre version of Photoshop, that's handy
for a lot of image editing needs.

Hope you can join us.

Steve

[1] http://www.tech-center-enlightentcity.tv/contactus.html
     (We usually meet in the middle room, or in the fab lab).

[2] http://www.gimp.org/