[act-ma] What are you looking for? 5/15 Connecting for Justice (SoJust OpenHouse)

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 06:18:34 PDT 2014

*Connecting for Justice (SoJust Open House)*
Thursday, May 15 6-8:30PM
Lir on Boylston by Hynes Convention Center

*On Facebook? *Invite <http://bit.ly/SoJustMay15> your friends and
share<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153935018205029&set=gm.1447641105472428&type=1>the
graphic.

*On Twitter? *ClicktoTweet <http://ctt.ec/dXa18>: Looking for like-minded
progressives? Check out @SoJust's Connecting for Justice networking event
5/15 @lironboylston www.sojust.org #Boston

Join us to *celebrate 7+ years, 2500+ members, 175+ events and countless
connections* made since 2006! *Haven't been to a Socializing for Justice
event?* It's time to meet 120+ friendly SoJusters! *Meet like-minded
progressives and get connected to great social justice organizations in
Boston*. SoJust is all about building a cross-issue progressive community
and network in Boston. *We're doing it by putting the social back in social
justice. *We focus on creating welcoming spaces that foster
relationship-building across issue silos. Join us if you are ready to
go *beyond
allies* and build a *cross-issue progressive movement*. *Job Seekers and
Hiring Managers: *Mark McCurdy, The NonProfit Career Coach will review your
nonprofit resume for free at the event. Meet Mark at the Jobs Board.
Looking? Bring your resume! Hiring? Bring your job posting!

*RSVP: www.SoJust.org <http://www.SoJust.org> - Newcomers always
welcomed! *$5-$20
collected at the door. (One raffle ticket per $10 to win a $25 Trader Joe's
gift card.)
*A great spread of complimentary appetizers will be provided.*

*THIS IS NOT A MEETING * No Program. No Speaker. Just Us. For Justice.

*As always, we'll help you meet people - so no worries if you're new to
SoJust*. Plus, we'll have "I'm Looking For" and "Ask Me About" tags, a
Catalyst Corner staffed by our amazing STARZ (regular attendees), our
wildly popular Jobs Board, and Action Stations to make it even more likely
you'll find the right connections.* Want to cross-promote your events and
campaigns?* Looking for like-minded progressives to hang out with in
Boston? Are you new to the area and looking for groups to get involved in?
Psyched about building strong cross-issue coalitions? Join us!* Yes, we
mean you.* Members are all ages, races, genders, sexual orientations,
levels of activism and professions. Some just moved to Boston and others
were born here. We hope you see someone like yourself and meet someone you
otherwise wouldn't have.

*Hey Organizers!* If you're involved with a group or project and want to
spread the word, bring flyers for the free lit table. Action Stations - if
you have an action that can be done in 2 minutes (sign a petition) or
within 2 weeks of the event (attend rally, stuff mass mailing) bring it so
SoJusters can get connected to you and your work. This is not a typical
tabling event - there will be lots of opportunity to schmooze and network!
Email robbie AT robbiesamuels DOT com for more information about the Action
Stations.

------------------------------

*SOCIALIZING FOR JUSTICE - www.sojust.org <http://www.sojust.org/>*

*SoJust is not a non-profit 501(c)(3).* We're a grassroots volunteer-run
member-supported cross-issue progressive community that's been growing
steadily since August 2006. We have 2500+ members, hosted 175+ events and
manage an online hub of progressive events and resources at www.sojust.org.
If you've benefited from this cross-issue progressive network, please
contribute the suggested annual membership fee of $25. You may do this
online <http://www.sojust.org/dues/> or at any of our events. Thank you for
helping us continue to provide a space for like-minded progressives of all
stripes.

*Want to know more about SoJust?* Check out our Frequently Asked
Questions<http://sojust.meetup.com/1/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3187615>and
past
event photos <http://sojust.meetup.com/1/photos/>!