[act-ma] 5/8 'The Ghosts In Our Machine' Documentary Screening w/filmmakers (Thur)

Nate Leskovic nleskovic at neavs.org
Mon Apr 28 12:47:26 PDT 2014

NEAVS is hosting the Boston premiere (and only local) screening of the new
animal/photography documentary 'The Ghosts In Our Machine' on Thursday, May
8. This progressive film deals with social change and the way we view
animals in our society, and we're excited the filmmakers will be joining us!

Details:

'The Ghosts In Our Machine' Boston Premiere
Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
Kendall Square Cinema in Cambridge, MA
$12 General Admission; $10 Student or Senior

Tickets:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-ghosts-in-our-machine-documentary-screening-hosted-by-neavs-tickets-11139473465

Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/240291346157742/

The award-winning animal documentary 'The Ghosts In Our Machine' is a
compassionate and hopeful film making waves in both the animal community
and general public around the world. Following the screening will be a Q&A
with director Liz Marshall and photographer Jo-Anne McArthur!

'Ghosts' tells the story of the myriad ways humans exploit animals. By
following the sensitive and heartfelt lens of acclaimed animal photographer
Jo-Anne McArthur, the film offers an artistic balance of beauty without
denying the reality of the animals' lives. Liz Marshall skillfully portrays
a hopeful landscape of alternatives by following McArthur as she enters the
worlds and souls of animals caught in the "machine" of modern life or
rescued to sanctuary.

Because it is a special one-night community screening, advance tickets are
only being sold online. Any remaining tickets will be sold at the theatre
the night of the screening.

Nate Leskovic
Communications Associate
333 Washington St., Suite 850