[act-ma] GMO OMG: Special film screening in Boston, June 11

Martin Dagoberto radoptimist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 12:34:29 PDT 2014

This Wednesday, join Mass Right to Know GMOs <http://marighttoknow.org/>and
Lighter <http://www.lighterculture.com/> for a special screening of the
film GMO OMG with filmmaker Jeremy Seifert, state legislators and GMO
labeling champions, sponsored by Ben & Jerry's and Dean's Bean's Organic
Coffee.

Wednesday, June 11, 2013 at Emerson College in Boston

5:30 PM Reception, Film Start 6:00 PM

Followed by panel discussion with the filmmaker and GMO labeling proponents.

The Paramount Center (Bright Family Screening Room)

559 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111

Cost: $10 to benefit GMO labeling campaign (inquire about sliding scale
seats) SPACE IS LIMITED

Tickets available at the box office, or online at http://bit.ly/1nqHvRm

Please RSVP and share the Facebook Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/327180054100676/
<https://www.facebook.com/events/327180054100676/>

(And yes, there will be free coffee and ice cream...AND everyone will get a
voucher for a free meal at Chipotle!).

Hosted by Mass. GMO labeling champions:

Representative Todd Smola (R- Palmer)

Rep. Ellen Story (D- Amherst)

Deirdre Cummings (MASSPIRG)

Dean Cycon (Dean's Beans Organic Coffee)

Pat Fiero (MoveOn.org)

Jack Kittredge, (NOFA/Mass)

Who controls the future of your food?

GMO OMG explores the systematic corporate takeover and potential loss of
humanity’s most precious and ancient inheritance: seeds. Director Jeremy
Seifert investigates how loss of seed diversity and corresponding
laboratory assisted genetic alteration of food affects his young children,
the health of our planet, and freedom of choice everywhere. GMO OMG follows
one family’s struggle to live and eat without participating in an
unhealthy, unjust, and destructive food system. In GMO OMG, the encroaching
darkness of unknown health and environmental risks, chemical toxins, and
food monopoly meets with the light of a growing global movement to take
back what we have lost. Has the global food system been irrevocably
hijacked? Is there still time to reclaim its purity, protect biodiversity
and save ourselves?

Join us as we explore these important questions and discuss what we can do
to take back a piece of food democracy here in Massachusetts by passing
legislation that would require the labeling of all genetically engineered
seeds and food ingredients.

See the official movie trailer, here: http://youtu.be/ynyB2fNn8kQ

Take action to Label GMOs, now: http://marighttoknow.org/take-action

Please contact MAR2KGMOs at gmail.com with any questions.