[act-ma] MIT Grand Junction Rail Corridor Open House 6/24

George Mokray gmoke at world.std.com
Mon Jun 23 20:04:33 PDT 2014

Grand Junction Rail Corridor
Open House on Tuesday, June 24th, 2014
from 5:00 to 8:00 at the MIT Stata Center
Working with the City of Cambridge, MIT has hired consultants to evaluate the feasibility of a multi-use path along the corridor. The study is in its initial phases and as part of our outreach program we would like to hear your thoughts prior to beginning design work.

Please join us for an open house on Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 on the 1st floor of the MIT Stata Center, (Rm. 32-124) located at 32 Vassar Street west of Main Street. Refreshments will be provided.

This study will focus on the MIT-owned portion of the corridor which would be a link in a larger, regional bicycle network providing connections from the Charles River on the west (including future connections to the BU Bridge and Allston Landing), through the MIT campus, and future connections to the east (toward East Cambridge and Somerville’s Community Path along the Green Line Extension).

In addition to the open house, we welcome your comments online at:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Z2LVQJZ

For questions regarding the open house, please contact Melissa Shakro at the MIT Office of Campus Planning, mshakro at mit.edu or 617-324-7317