[act-ma] Sept 4, A special night with Noam Chomsky; all about Gaza!

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Sat Aug 23 18:34:18 PDT 2014

7-9 pm

  A special night with
  Noam Chomsky!

Internationally renowned MIT linguist, philosopher, political dissident,
author

      Thursday, September 4, 2014

doors open 6:30pm
Chomsky "fireside chat" at 7pm

      at Andala, a Palestinian Coffee House

286 Franklin St
Cambridge
617-945-2212
(Central Square T-stop)
*limited seating; first come, first served
the kitchen will be closed during this event;
the kitchen will open after the event, until 10pm.

Sami Herbawi, proprietor of Andala's, is hosting Professor Chomsky and
is inviting the public to come and take advantage of this rare
opportunity to meet Noam Chomsky in an intimate, charming setting, and
benefit from what he has to say about Gaza.

Please download and distribute our flyer:
* 8 1/2 x 11: http://rule19.org/chomsky/2014-Sept4-Chomsky-at-Andala.pdf
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Frule19.org%2Fchomsky%2F2014-Sept4-Chomsky-at-Andala.pdf&h=1AQFwuemq&enc=AZMwYePGJ2HOChQ_FhekKfftpQTm7VcNCXEiLnsek5WjMoS-CzsDwuflVuK2xhlhORQ&s=1>

* 2 per page:
http://rule19.org/chomsky/2014-Sept4-Chomsky-at-Andala-2topage.pdf
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Frule19.org%2Fchomsky%2F2014-Sept4-Chomsky-at-Andala-2topage.pdf&h=SAQE3czLt&enc=AZOXNdQ3clTjXPKPQSSJgQqbiowZuSWWpAdbNcHudj7ZAZSaxQcE_Es-N05bZB7tjgE&s=1>

      We hope to make this a night to remember!

Our plans include:

  * Palestinian music
  * White boards on which you can leave your thoughts, wishes, concerns,
    etc for our allies in Gaza and the West Bank. We will share pictures
    of them on the internet.
  * Skype call-ins from Palestine (after Noam's talk and while he is
    still here). [not confirmed]
  * A short candle-light walk after the event to Central Square. We will
    have a few dozen glowsticks on hand; please bring your own if can you.
  * For those who care to be interviewed, we hope to have reporters and
    filmmakers on hand to capture the entire evening and to record your
    thoughts, quotes, cares, suggestions, etc. Soon after the event, we
    will post and distribute the video as part of an educational
    outreach program.

[Check our event page at facebook
<http://facebook.com/events/1451606091771413/> for updates.]

We hope this event will encourage lots of you to join us in regularly
scheduled cafe tête-à-têtes to brainstorm and plan additional
educational events - concerning not only Palestine but the role our
government plays in devastating the lives of all those we share the
planet with. Isn't it past time for a grand "citizens rising?" *COTW on
the move!* [*C*itizens *O*f *T*he *W*orld]