[act-ma] 9/16: Building a Donor Base - I'm presenting an AGM fundraising training

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:26:02 PDT 2014

Hey there,

I'm celebrating my 40th birthday by leading a fundraising training for AGM
(I know you're not surprised!). Please read on for more details and
register at: http://www.agmconnect.org/events/detail.aspx?EventID=8759

Forward this opportunity to friends who want to take their fundraising to
the next level!

Best,
Robbie

*Breakthrough Workshop: Building a Donor Base*
Tuesday, September 16 - 2:00-5:00pm
Associated Grant Makers (AGM), 133 Federal Street, Suite 802, Boston MA
02210
Fee: $120 (Member/Partner $80)

Any gift is a big gift for an organization – but just how big a major gift
is depends on your organization and the state of your individual donor
program. In this advanced course, you will have the opportunity to polish
your skills required to take your individual fundraising strategies to the
next level. The workshop will help you define what a major gift is for your
organization, and delve deeply into the strategies and process for securing
them.

*Participant Goals:*

   - Clearly define major gift for your organization
   - Identify methods to prospect out potential major gifts
   - Develop concrete major gift solicitation process

*About the Presenter:*Robbie Samuels has extensive community organizing,
events logistics and fundraising experience. Since 2005, he's worked in the
development department at Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) and in
2012 was promoted to Senior Manager of Events and Donor Engagement. He
offers trainings, consulting, and coaching to non-profit boards, venture
capitalists and grassroots organizers. In 2006 he co-founded Socializing
for Justice to build a cross-cultural, cross-issue progressive community
and network in Boston based on the philosophies of abundance and radical
inclusion. In 2011, Boston City Council named his birthday, September 16,
"Robbie Samuels Day".