[act-ma] Wednesday at 7:30 pm: Accessibility talk on Beacon Hill

Katherine Fisher kath.fisher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:11:45 PDT 2014

*A conversation with Karen Schneiderman about access on Beacon Hill*

*7:30pm, Wednesday, October 1, 2014*
*Beacon Hill Friends House*

*6-8 Chestnut Street, Boston, MA 02108*

This First Wednesday talk is an opportunity to hear from a disability
rights advocate how the current sidewalk accessibility/curb cut project is
connected to larger questions of accessibility on Beacon Hill. This will be
an opportunity to focus on the access needs of our neighborhood in a
friendly conversation to increase our understanding of the issue. There
will be space for friendly conversation among attenders, whether they agree
or disagree with the speaker.

*Karen Schneiderman* is a life-long advocate for people with physical and
emotional disabilities, currently serving at the Boston Center for
Independent Living. She is also a life coach.

*The Beacon Hill Friends House* is a Quaker center and community whose
mission is to embody the Quaker principles of faith, simplicity, integrity,
community and social responsibility, in order to nurture and call forth the
Light in all of us.