[act-ma] 10/18 REPORT BACK FROM EL SALVADOR SISTER CITY SAN JOSÉ LAS FLORES

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Fri Oct 17 10:42:46 PDT 2014

        *REPORT BACK FROM EL SALVADOR SISTER CITY SAN JOSÉ LAS FLORES -
        Strengthening Communities. Keeping our land, our water, our air
        and our lives from privatization.*

        *    Saturday, October 18 at 6:30 to 8:30 pm*

        *    Cambridge Co-Housing, 175 Richdale Ave (closest -- Porter
        Sq. T)*

        *Pot-luck dinner with presentation from San José Las Flores
        Mayor Felipe Tobar and Council President Douglas Serrano.
        *

        *Since resisting the war as the first open repopulated
        community, San José las **Flores has led the organizing against
        metallic mining, deforestation, land inequity and the latest US
        attempts to push GMO crops. In September Las Flores became the
        first Salvadoran municipality to ban all forms of metallic
        mining. Come and find out how to be in solidarity.

        This is part of a week of activities. For more information
        cambridgeelsalvador at gmail.com*

Facebook

        https://www.facebook.com/events/868928696451838/?ref=6&ref_notif_type=plan_user_invited