[act-ma] Sunday Nov 9 Flood Boston Meeting at 4pm at E5

Bobby Wengronowitz bobbywego at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:06:50 PST 2014

Hi Friends,

*You are invited to the next meeting of the Boston Climate Direct Action
Network (also known as Flood Boston) is this Sunday the 9th at 4PM at
Encuentro 5, 9 Hamilton Pl, Suite 2A, Boston. *
The goals of this meeting are to work towards a spokes council of affinity
groups and start figuring out actions we want to pursue. Hope you can come
and please invite others in your networks

Background:
As part of a beautiful group of folks who worked together at the Flood Wall
Street <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htTm6JSUjQs> action  in NYC the day
following the People's Climate March, we are trying to facilitate a climate
direct action network around boston.

The aim is to bring together some of the different folks who have
participated in actions (XL Dissent, KXL pledge, Brayton Point, Salem,
transcanada, pipelines, statehouse actions, state and university
divestment) and who might want to participate in more. We are also trying
to reach folks who may not have participated in direct action but who would
like to (and there are many many non-arrestable roles and non-civil
disobedience actions we could take). We all know we have tremendous power
in Boston. We hope to work with others to create a culture of empowerment,
where folks are able and encouraged to step up, plan, and carry out
empowering, effective, and principled actions. We believe in the power of
decentralized but coordinated actions, so that's what we're trying to
facilitate.

For those who know any of the social movement literature we are trying to
take lessons from frances fox pivens work and disrupt business as usual. To
do that, we need real relationships, working towards the beloved community,
but not an insular group of friends. If this interests you in the least,
PLEASE try to come. If you can't, PLEASE get in touch!

Feel free to be in touch with me if you would like to learn more or get on
our contact list! And if you can, show up this Sunday!
<3
Bobby