[act-ma] Saturday, 2/14, 11am, Learn to protect your privacy on-line, Holyoke

James O'Keefe jokeefe at jamesokeefe.org
Mon Feb 9 12:34:22 PST 2015

Concerned about NSA surveillance of your on-line life? Want to protect
yourself?

On Saturday, Feb 14th, the Massachusetts Pirate Party will hold its first
cryptoparty in Western Massachusetts.  Planned topics include PGP
<https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/>, Off the Record Messaging
<https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/> (aka “OTR”), and Tor
<https://www.torproject.org/>.

It will be at the Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center
<http://www.mghpcc.org/>, 100 Bigelow St. Holyoke, MA 01040, from 11am –
3pm. We’ll be in the multi-purpose public meeting space, on the first floor
of the facility.

If you want, there is a Facebook event you can share
<https://www.facebook.com/events/476102632554226/>.

Afterwards, we’ll head over to City Pizza (420 High street, Holyoke MA
01040) to grab a bite to eat, hang out, and meet folks. Think of it as a
pirate social. If you’d like to join us, please RSVP
<https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=5>, so we can
give the restaurant a head count.