[act-ma] 3/21-22 LibrePlanet is an annual conference for free software enthusiasts.

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Thu Mar 19 04:44:18 PDT 2015

LibrePlanet is an annual conference for free software enthusiasts.
LibrePlanet brings together software developers, policy experts,
activists and computer users to learn skills, share accomplishments and
face challenges to software freedom. Newcomers are always welcome, and
LibrePlanet 2015 will feature programming for all ages and experience
levels.

*March 21-22
MIT Stata Center
Cambridge, MA*

This year, the theme of LibrePlanet is "Free Software Everywhere." The
weekend's sessions touch on the many places and ways that free software
is used around the world, as well as strategizing ways to make free
software ubiquitous. We'll talk about some contexts where free software
is thriving, and some others where it needs a push. We'll hear from
people who have worked to gain a foothold for free software in their
workplace or community. We'll explore the state of software freedom on
all of the myriad pieces of hardware we use, including laptops, phones,
tablets, and even coffee makers. At LibrePlanet 2015, we're taking
software freedom around the world, to outer space, and through all kinds
of industries, governments, organizations, fields of study, and communities.

https://libreplanet.org/2015/

FSF members and students attend LibrePlanet at no cost! Become a member
now <https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom>.

LibrePlanet 2015 is produced in partnership by the Free Software
Foundation <https://www.fsf.org> and the Student Information Processing
Board (SIPB) <http://sipb.mit.edu/> at MIT. Donate to the FSF
<https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom>. <https://www.fsf.org>