[act-ma] Anti-Drones Rally Sat, March 21, 1 pm Park Street

Susan McLucas susanbmcl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 19:30:14 PDT 2015

On the 12th anniversary of the US invasion of Iraq, concerned citizens will
gather Saturday, March 21 at 1pm at Park Street Station to protest targeted
assassinations by drones, where only one in 28 victims' identities are
known beforehand, and the majority are civilians. We also oppose the
expanding war in Syria and Iraq, which is fueling rather than eliminating
terrorism. We'll hold photos of drone victims, tell their stories and speak
out against drone warfare and the larger war in the Middle East.

This protest is part of "Spring Rising," a coordinated series of anti-war
teach-ins and rallies taking place around the country. Local sponsors
include Anti-Drones Network of Eastern Massachusetts, a task force of UJP,
and the Committee for Peace and Human Rights, which has hosted a weekly
anti-war vigil at Park Street since 1998. For more information on Spring
Rising, see KnowDrones.com
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FKnowDrones.com%2F&h=9AQG9Gtk0&enc=AZN9yj7cEGdxuolFFBG1XgRgBw-iVFz-7CDsX2U5JxEwg1gE4KMmjYn9EDRZeIMAMtI&s=1>.

Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1391945577789214/