[act-ma] 3/30 "The River and the Sea, " documentary play on Israel/Palestine, Watertown (Mon)

Danny Bryck dpbryck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 04:15:17 PDT 2015

Free staged reading of "The River and the Sea"
a documentary play based on interviews from Israel/Palestine
March 30 at 7:30pm
New Repertory Theatre
321 Arsenal Street, Watertown, MA
Followed by a talkback discussion with the playwright.
Free and open to the public.
Call the Box Office at 617-923-8487 to reserve your complimentary spot.

In 2012 – 2013, playwright Danny Bryck conducted hundreds of interviews in
Israel/Palestine, capturing the staggering diversity of voices of the
people living between the river and the sea: from a young soldier in Tel
Aviv to a young mother from Gaza, a Holocaust survivor to a Sudanese
refugee, an American settler to a German convert to Judaism turned
anti-occupation activist. Using their real words, THE RIVER AND THE SEA
challenges our notions of birthright and belonging, history and nation, and
the ways we define ourselves and each other. When everyone tells a
different story, how do we tell the truth?

by Danny Bryck
Directed by Megan Sandberg-Zakian
Featuring Lydia Barnett-Mulligan, Nathaniel Gundy,
Greg Maraio, Bari Robinson, and Meg Taintor

For more information:
www.newrep.org/nextvoices
www.dannybryck.com/river
www.facebook.com/events/552611458212017/