[act-ma] April 26 is International Seed Day (ISD)

Inst. of Near Eastern and African Studies ineas_1994 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 4 14:58:52 PDT 2015

International Seed Day (ISD) is an educational and fun day to celebrate the seeds,learn how to plant and save them, bring awareness about the patenting of life forms, the danger of bio-piracy, the alarming effects of GMOs and the set backs of mono-cultures.
On the occasion of International Seed Day (ISD), which coincides this year on Sunday,we will give INEAS members organic seeds for herbs and fast-growing vegetables.
For INEAS members outside of Massachusetts, seeds will be send via post mail. For members living within 20 miles from Cambridge, we will come on Seed Day, Sunday, April 26to plant the seeds in their balconies or yards .  For those living in areas more than 20 miles from Cambridge, we will schedule an appointment to plant the seeds in their  yard by April 30.
To be be part of this fun and educational project, you can join our membership by April 20 athttp://www.ineas.org/join.htm    This way, you will be able to receive the organic seeds and/or schedule a planting session before Seed Day.
More details about ISD at http://www.ineas.org/in/ev/seed-day.htm
ISD on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/April-26-is-International-Seed-Day/123167991092730

Endorsed BY
Institute of Near Eastern & African Studies (INEAS) (Mass, USA), Navdanya (New Delhi, India), Grain International (Barcelona, Spain), The Green Party of the United States (DC, USA), Focus on the Global South (New Delhi, India),Save NM Seeds Coalition (New Mexico, USA), Slow Food Rio Grande (New Mexico, USA), GMO-FREE Maui (Maui, Hawaii),Iraq Solidarity Association (Stockholm, Sweden), Hawai`i Seed (Hawaii), Hawaii Farmers Union (Hawaii), Deccan Development Society (Pastapur, India), Deccan Development Society (Pastapur, India), Alliance for Food Sovereignty in South Asia(Hyderabad, India), Millet Network of India (Zaheerabad, India), European GMO-free Citizens (Holland, Europe), MADGE Australia Inc. (Australia), Nexus Green Team (Iowa, USA), Ranch Foods Direct (Colorado, USA), Friends of Alewife Reservation (Mass., USA), Harvest Co-Op Markets (Mass., USA), Native Earth Teaching Farm (Mass., USA)