[act-ma] ҉ ❷❶ Thursday 7/21: "How To Change the World" - Free UPandOUT film screening - GreenPeace folks will be here for Q&A ҉ ❷❶

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Fri Jul 1 11:55:44 PDT 2016

***GreenPeace representatives will be here with us for Q&A;
please come help give them a rousing welcome!
**Representatives* have been with the organization a number of years and
have participated in numerous
Greenpeace events and activities, e.g. actions and sailing on the GP
ship, the *Rainbow Warrior

**NOTE NEW LOCATION: *(due to zionist interference; par for the course
in Cambridge)
The Pisani Ctr
131 Washington St, Cambridge

[/*How to Change the World*/ is a */must-see,/* */astounding/ film* for
me; i didn't know these characters, their history, how incredibly brave
they were, what it took behind the scenes to do what they did/do. And a
great lesson for all of us on the kind of activity & courage it's gonna
take to make real change.

Recently, eg: Greenpeace Netherlands Leaks Secret Trade Docs, Calls for
Halt to TTIP <x> More at Greenpeace International
<http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/press/releases/2016/Greenpeace-Netherlands-releases-TTIP-documents/>

    */"Greenpeace has called for a halt in secret U.S.-European Union
    negotiations over the massive TTIP trade deal. Greenpeace made the
    call after leaking documents it says show how the U.S. is pressuring
    European countries to loosen environmental and consumer
    protections/." /TTIP is about a huge transfer of power from people
    to big business./  ~ Greenpeace Intl*

**<http://rule19.org/films-2016/160721-How-to-change-the-world.pdf>**"/a
group of friends awaken a World’s conscience to what we were, and still
are, collectively doing to destroy our planet. The sleep walking into a
frazzled and broken future started to come to an end. //I can not
recommend this film enough, if you think ecologists are a bunch of tree
hugging hippies who smoke too much pot; then watch this and think again
– completely essential viewing. /" ~Tom Dooley

*How to Change the World
*

[see clip <https://vimeo.com/126619145>]

Showing Thursday, July 21, in Cambridge
[please download & distribute flyer
<http://rule19.org/films-2016/160721-How-to-change-the-world.pdf>]

In 1971 a small group of activists set sail from Vancouver, Canada in an
old fishing boat. Their mission was to stop Nixon’s atomic test bomb in
Amchitka, Alaska. Chronicling this untold story at the birth of the
modern environmental movement and with access to dramatic archive
footage unseen for over 40 years, the film centres on eco-hero Robert
Hunter and his part in the creation of the global organization we now
know as Greenpeace.

Alongside a group of like-minded and idealistic young friends in the
‘70s, Hunter would be instrumental in altering the way we look at the
world and our place within it. These early pioneers captured their
daring and sometimes jaw-dropping actions on film and from this director
Jerry Rothwell has made a thrilling, sometimes terrifying film.

A prizewinner at the Sundance Film Festival, it is one of those must-see
documentaries.

/"Courage takes on many shapes and sizes – but it always takes a step
outside of your comfort zone.//
//If you think of it, go out and do it"/

*Hunter's 5 rules of engagement:*
1) Plant Mind Bombs
2) Put Your Body Where Your Mouth Is
3) Fear Success
4) The Revolution Will Not Be Organized
5) Let the Power Go

/“If we wait for the meek to inherit the earth, there won't be anything
left to inherit..."/

"/Any force strong enough to truly change the world won’t be harnessed
or held by a few. It has to be unleashed…/"

"/The weakest link is always us. ...Activism is messy./"

/“It’s no longer enough to be a decent person. True enlightened activism
is the only thing that can save humanity from itself./” ~Joss Whedon

"/To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.” /~Elbert Hubbard

/"People power in the streets - the only genuine democratic and popular
force that can bring the system to a halt - no business as usual. This
is what it will take - daily around the clock obstruction of business as
usual. The earth and the world await this power to manifest
everywhere."/ ~S Brian Wilson, May 11

/“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to
get better. It's not.” /~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax /
/

------------------

*When/where*
doors open 6:40; film starts promptly 7pm
*New location:
*The Pisani Ctr
131 Washington St, Cambridge

rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos>

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
*free film & free door prizes
****[donations are encouraged]
*feel free to bring your own snacks and soft drinks - no alcohol allowed

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education/." ~
Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series* - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos>

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, Libya. Syria, Iran, So America, etc
etc - for billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for
the loss of liberty and civil rights...

*
*