[act-ma] 12/03 Seeds of Solidarity for Venezuela event

Charlie Welch cwelch at tecschange.org
Thu Nov 17 10:49:21 PST 2016

Dear friends,

This will be our first Seeds of Solidarity for Venezuela project event.
A Facebook event was created. The link is below. If you are on Facebook
please click it as "Interested" -- and please, please, please, take a
few more minutes and Share and Invite Friends to the event. Here is the
link to the event and the read up.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1286317931410088/

<https://www.facebook.com/events/1286317931410088/>

<https://www.facebook.com/events/1286317931410088/>
Hear Lisa Sullivan via Skype give a report back on the Seeds of
Solidarity Project. She lives in Venezuela and is coordinating the
international project provide seeds to co-operatives and small organic
farms.
We will also hear from several local recent visitors to Lisa and the
project.
Ausra Kubilius is a retired English professor who has studied and worked
in Central America (Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras) and traveled in
South America.

Seymour Kellerman is a retired software engineer who worked in Nicaragua
and traveled extensively in Central and South America.

Both are active in School of the Americas Watch and were members of
SOAWatch delegations to Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, and
Chile. They recently returned from their second delegation to Venezuela.
For more information check out these articles:

https://foodfirst.org/special-report-hunger-in-venezuela-a-look-beyond-the-spin/
<https://foodfirst.org/special-report-hunger-in-venezuela-a-look-beyond-the-spin/>

https://revolucionalimentaria.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/statement-of-international-solidarity-with-venezuelas-seed-law/
<https://revolucionalimentaria.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/statement-of-international-solidarity-with-venezuelas-seed-law/>