[act-ma] Peace and Justice Calendar, January 6, 2017

Cole Harrison cole at masspeaceaction.org
Fri Jan 6 14:19:40 PST 2017

Four Freedoms March
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Ffour-freedoms-march%2F>
January 7 @ 12:30 pm
Downtown Pittsfield
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fdowntown-pittsfield%2F>
, Pittsfield, MA 01201 + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=3&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3DPittsfield%2BMA%2B01201>
[image: 4 Freedoms March]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Ffour-freedoms-march%2F>

Join us on Saturday, January 7th, the 76th anniversary of Franklin Delano
Roosevelt's inspiring Four Freedoms speech, as our Berkshires community
comes together united against hate and bigotry in all its forms. All are
welcome. We plan to gather in downtown Pittsfield, march, and then rally
together to re-inspire and reconnect ourselves with our highest values and
commitment to our neighbors. SCHEDULE 12:30pm gather in front of St.
Joseph's Church at 414 North Street, Pittsfield. 1pm March steps off, goes…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Ffour-freedoms-march%2F>
Andrew Bacevich: America’s War for the Greater Middle East
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=6&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fbacevich-community-church%2F>
January 8 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Community Church of Boston
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=7&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fcommunity-church-of-boston%2F>
, 565 Boylston St
Boston, 02116 + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=8&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D565%2BBoylston%2BSt%2BBoston%2B02116>
[image: America's War for the Greater Middle East]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=9&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fbacevich-community-church%2F>

The U.S. military has been intensively engaged in various quarters of the
Islamic world for several decades, with little to show in terms of
achieving Washington's stated objectives. This presentation will discuss
the origins and conduct of this conflict and what Americans might learn
from it. Andrew J. Bacevich grew up in Indiana, graduated from West Point
and Princeton, served in the army, became an academic, and is now a writer.
He is the author, co-author, or editor of a…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=10&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fbacevich-community-church%2F>
The Life and Legacy of Emily Greene Balch
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=11&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fthe-life-and-legacy-of-emily-greene-balch%2F>
January 8 @ 2:00 pm
The First Church – Jamaica Plain
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=12&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fthe-first-church-jamaica-plain%2F>
, 6 Eliot St
Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=13&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D6%2BEliot%2BSt%2BJamaica%2BPlain%2BMassachusetts>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=14&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fthe-life-and-legacy-of-emily-greene-balch%2F>

Please join the Jamaica Plain Historical Society to celebrate the 150th
anniversary of the birth of Emily Greene Balch. Kristen Gwinn-Becker, PhD
will discuss the life and legacy of this prominent American economist,
sociologist, internationalist and Nobel Peace Prize winner (1946). The talk
will detail how Emily’s strong family upbringing and the spirit of activism
in Jamaica Plain spurred on her activities in poverty relief, child labor,
immigration, settlement work and her leadership in the Women’s
International League for Peace…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=15&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fthe-life-and-legacy-of-emily-greene-balch%2F>
Day Against Denial
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=16&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fday-against-denial%2F>
January 9 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Boston Common – Park St
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=17&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fboston-common-park-st%2F>
, Tremont & Park Streets
Boston, MA 02108 United States + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=18&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3DTremont%2B%2526amp%253B%2BPark%2BStreets%2BBoston%2BMA%2B02108%2BUnited%2BStates>
[image: Stop Trump's Team]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=19&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fday-against-denial%2F>

The climate is changing, and anyone who denies it shouldn't be in the White
House Cabinet. On January 9th, people in all 50 states will send a message
to every US Senator: reject Donald Trump's reckless climate denying cabinet
nominees. With speakers, music and skits, we'll tell our Senators to fight
Trump's Climate Denial Cabinet, and ask our Governor to speak out for a
sane climate policy. This event is organized by 350Massachusetts for a
Better Future: http://350mass.betterfutureproject.org/ and endorsed by…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=20&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fday-against-denial%2F>
Defense R&D and the Military-Industrial Complex: Science and National
Priorities
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=21&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fdefense-rd-ghoshroy%2F>
January 11 @ 4:00 pm - February 1 @ 5:30 pm
MIT Campus – Room 4-163
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=22&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fmit-campus-room-4-163%2F>
, 77 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02139 + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=23&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D77%2BMassachusetts%2BAve%2BCambridge%2BMA%2B02139>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=24&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fdefense-rd-ghoshroy%2F>

Lecturer:  Subrata Ghoshroy, Research Affiliate, Science Technology &
Society group, MIT Subrata Ghoshroy is a former Congressional Science
Fellow and Member of the Professional Staff of the House Armed Services
Committee, and member of Massachusetts Peace Action Wednesdays at 4 PM-
5:30 PM MIT Room 4-163 Free and open to the public 01/11: Defense spending,
Congress, and the M-I Complex 01/18: The universities and the Pentagon
01/25: Defense R&D: Decline in Innovation and Lost opportunities 02/01:
Screening of the award-winning documentary Why…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=25&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fdefense-rd-ghoshroy%2F>
The Next Four Years: Organizing Followup
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=26&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fthe-next-four-years-organizing-followup%2F>
January 12 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
First Church in Cambridge, Congregational, UCC
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=27&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Ffirst-church-in-cambridge-congregational-ucc%2F>
, 11 Garden St
Cambridge, MA 02138 United States + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=28&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D11%2BGarden%2BSt%2BCambridge%2BMA%2B02138%2BUnited%2BStates>
[image: people at Next Four Years conference]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=29&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fthe-next-four-years-organizing-followup%2F>

At The Next Four Years conference at Simmons College on December 3, we
discussed the political situation we find ourselves in and the need for a
unified progressive resistance to Trumpism. Read a report on the
conference, view pictures at http://bit.ly/2gFpHFV and http://bit.ly/2h4zbI5,
and watch the video recording at http://bit.ly/2h4hWK.  On January 12, we
will call on conference speakers and organizers, as well as all
participants, to suggest ideas for unified resistance around which people
can organize; the group will then choose several…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=30&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fthe-next-four-years-organizing-followup%2F>
Solidarity Fundraiser for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe – #NoDAPL
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=31&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fsing-along-fundraiser-nodapl%2F>
January 14 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Calvary United Methodist Church
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=32&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fcalvary-united-methodist-church-2%2F>
, 300 Mass. Ave.
Arlington, MA United States + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=33&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D300%2BMass.%2BAve.%2BArlington%2BMA%2BUnited%2BStates>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=34&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fsing-along-fundraiser-nodapl%2F>

Arlington United for Justice with Peace is organizing a fundraiser event
for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe on Saturday January 14, 2017 (Doors will
open at 7 PM) to aid in their struggle to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline.
  Join us for a Sing Along to Songs of Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, recipient of
the 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature, and more! Performers: The Harmonators,
Arc&Land, Chris and Quinn Eastburn, Anne Sandstrum and John Loretz, Liz
Buchanan and Gordon…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=35&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fsing-along-fundraiser-nodapl%2F>
Incident at Vichy: An Anti-Inaugural Event
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=36&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fincident-at-vichy%2F>
January 19 @ 8:00 pm
Inner City Sanctuary for the Arts
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=37&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Finner-city-sanctuary-for-the-arts%2F>
, 1127 Harrison Ave
Roxbury, MA 02119 + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=38&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D1127%2BHarrison%2BAve%2BRoxbury%2BMA%2B02119>
[image: Incident at Vichy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=39&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fincident-at-vichy%2F>

The Praxis Stage Company’s Production of Arthur Miller's INCIDENT AT VICHY
7 performances in Dudley Square’s dynamic gallery/performance space The
Inner Sanctum Dates: January 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, and 26th All nights at
8pm, two shows Saturday the 21st (4 & 8), 2pm matinee Sunday, 22nd,
only.      Praxis Stage is a new theater company, formed on 11/9, 2016, as
a response to the disaster of Trump’s election. Our vision is to link
theater with activism, producing plays that enter contemporary political…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=40&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fincident-at-vichy%2F>
Resist Trump: Occupy Inauguration Boston!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=41&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fresist-trump-occupy-inauguration-boston%2F>
January 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Boston Common – Parkman Bandstand
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=42&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fboston-common-parkman-bandstand%2F>
, Tremont St
Boston, + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=43&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3DTremont%2BSt%2BBoston>
[image: Resist Trump: Occupy Inauguration Boston]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=44&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fresist-trump-occupy-inauguration-boston%2F>

#ResistTrump !! #OccupyInauguration !! Trump’s victory in the presidential
election was a profound shock to tens of millions of progressive workers,
young people, immigrants, women, people of color, Muslims, and LGBTQ people
across the U.S. As Trump’s reactionary cabinet appointments have been
announced and the list of targets of his administration has become clearer,
there is enormous fear and anger in many communities. The reported plans to
deport up to three million people, establish a “registry” for Muslims,
criminalize dissent,…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=45&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fresist-trump-occupy-inauguration-boston%2F>
Women’s March on Washington
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=46&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fwomens-march-on-washington%2F>
January 21 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
National Mall
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=47&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fnational-mall%2F>
, Independence Ave & Third St SW
Washington, DC + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=48&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3DIndependence%2BAve%2B%2526amp%253B%2BThird%2BSt%2BSW%2BWashington%2BDC>
[image: Women's March on Washington]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=49&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fwomens-march-on-washington%2F>

WEBSITE: https://www.womensmarch.com/ FACEBOOK PAGE:
https://www.facebook.com/Womens-March-on-Washington-1338822066131069/
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/womensmarch INSTAGRAM:
http://www.instagram.com/womensmarch RSVP on our OFFICIAL EVENTBRITE:
bit.ly/womensmarchrsvp (not required, but greatly helpful for planning!)
This is an INCLUSIVE march, is FREE to join and EVERYONE who supports
women's rights are welcome. PLEASE SHARE, we need to spread the word
everywhere! ------------------------- OFFICIAL STATEMENT, National
Organizers On January 21, 2017 we will unite in Washington, DC for the
Women’s March on Washington. We stand together in solidarity with our
partners and children for…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=50&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fwomens-march-on-washington%2F>
Boston Women’s March For America
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=51&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fboston-womens-march-for-america%2F>
January 21 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Boston Common
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=52&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fboston-common-3%2F>
,
[image: Boston Womens March]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=53&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fboston-womens-march-for-america%2F>

On January 21, 2017, we will unite in Boston to march in solidarity with
communities most affected by the hate, intolerance and acts of violence
being perpetrated throughout the nation -- among many are communities of
women, immigrants, people of color, and people who identify as LGBTQIA and
people with disabilities. We stand for religious freedom, human rights,
climate justice, racial justice, economic justice and reproductive
justice.  Together, we will send a message to our leaders and the world
that…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=54&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fboston-womens-march-for-america%2F>
#WeRise: A day for activism, inspiration, learning and movement building
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=55&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fwerise-j21%2F>
January 21 @ 2:00 pm
All Souls Unitarian Church
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=56&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fall-souls-unitarian-church%2F>
, 1500 Harvard St NW
Washington, DC + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=57&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D1500%2BHarvard%2BSt%2BNW%2BWashington%2BDC>
[image: We Rise Jan 21 Teach In]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=58&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fwerise-j21%2F>

Following the Women’s March * Anniversary of Citizens United * Weekend
after MLK Day On the day after inauguration, we are providing a safe, warm
space for folks coming to the Women’s March on Washington — and other
progressive events taking place inauguration weekend — to gain a deeper
understanding of the critical challenges facing our nation, find ways to
plug into grassroots campaigns that tackle those challenges, connect with
people from a vast array of movements and acquire skills…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=59&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fwerise-j21%2F>
After the Inauguration: Rest Your Feet, Feed Your Head, Stoke Your Fire!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fafter-the-inauguration%2F>
January 22 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Kay Spiritual Life Center at American University
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=61&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fkay-spiritual-life-center-at-american-university%2F>
, 4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016 + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=62&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D4400%2BMassachusetts%2BAve.%2BNW%2BWashington%2BDC%2B20016>
[image: Antiwar protest, Washington, DC, 2007]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=63&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fafter-the-inauguration%2F>

Challenging Trumpism, Wars and Militarism A free conference at American
University’s Kay Spiritual Life Center Please join featured speakers
Phyllis Bennis, Michael McPhearson, Judith Le Blanc, John Feffer, Alli
McCracken, maTT DeVlieger, Jackie Cabasso, John Feffer, Raed Jarrar, Joseph
Gerson, George Martin, Cole Harrison, Kevin Martin and others in a dialogue
on building the peace and social justice movement as we build the
resistance needed to overcome the Trump regime’s tyranny. In addition to
panel discussions, we will have small-group…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=64&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fafter-the-inauguration%2F>
Our Revolution MA Statewide Organizing Meeting
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=65&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Forma-organizing-meeting%2F>
January 28 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Unitarian Universalist Church of Worcester
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=66&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Funitarian-universalist-church-of-worcester%2F>
, 90 Holden St
Worcester, MA 01606 + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=67&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D90%2BHolden%2BSt%2BWorcester%2BMA%2B01606>
[image: Our Revolution Massachusetts]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=68&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Forma-organizing-meeting%2F>

  WHEN: Doors Open at noon for registration and networking Program begins
at 1:00 PM sharp! More details after Jan. 3, 2017 Maximum capacity 225
people Save the Date!!
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=69&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Forma-organizing-meeting%2F>
Nuclear Resistance in Word and Deed
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=70&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fnuclear-resistance%2F>
January 30 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
St Susanna Parish
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=71&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fst-susanna-parish-3%2F>
, 262 Needham St
Dedham, MA United States + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=72&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D262%2BNeedham%2BSt%2BDedham%2BMA%2BUnited%2BStates>
[image: Dan Zak, Elaine Scarry, and Megan Rice]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=73&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fnuclear-resistance%2F>

A Conversation with The Prophet, The Professor, and The Journalist GUEST
SPEAKERS The Prophet: Sr. Megan Rice - 85 yr. old Roman Catholic nun, who
earned 2 yrs. in prison for breaching the security perimeter of Y-12, the
largest uranium storage facility in the country. "Being an anti-nuclear
activist satisfied my need to do what is just common sense," The Professor:
Elaine Scarry – Harvard Professor, author of Thermonuclear Monarchy:
Choosing between Democracy and Doom The Journalist: Dan Zak –…

Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=74&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fnuclear-resistance%2F>
A reporter’s perspective: Islamic State, Assad, Russia, and the failure of
US Policy
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=75&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fa-reporters-perspective%2F>
January 31 @ 7:00 pm
First Church in Cambridge – Choir Room
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=76&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Ffirst-church-in-cambridge-choir-room%2F>
, 11 Garden St
Cambridge, MA 02138 + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=77&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D11%2BGarden%2BSt%2BCambridge%2BMA%2B02138>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=78&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fa-reporters-perspective%2F>

Based on numerous reporting trips to the region, freelance foreign
correspondent Reese Erlich discusses the growth of Syrian extremist rebel
groups, the status of the Assad regime, foreign intervention and the
failure of US policy. He provides up to date analysis and what the new US
president will likely face after the November elections. Erlich is a
Peabody winning journalist and author of Inside Syria: The Backstory of
Their Civil War and What the World Can Expect (Foreword by Noam…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=79&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fa-reporters-perspective%2F>
The Enemy is Us: The Perils of Nuclear Arms
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=80&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fthe-enemy-is-us%2F>
January 31 @ 7:30 pm
St. Michael’s Parish Hall
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=81&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fst-michaels-parish-hall%2F>
, 196 Main St
North Andover, MA 01845 + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=82&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D196%2BMain%2BSt%2BNorth%2BAndover%2BMA%2B01845>
[image: Dan Zak, Elaine Scarry, and Megan Rice]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=83&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fthe-enemy-is-us%2F>

Sr. Megan Rice - 85 yr. old Roman Catholic nun, who earned 2 yrs. in prison
for breaching the security perimeter of Y-12, the largest uranium storage
facility in the country. "Being an anti-nuclear activist satisfied my need
to do what is just common sense," Dan Zak – Washington Post journalist and
author of Almighty: Courage, Resistance and Existential Peril in the
Nuclear Age Elaine Scarry – Harvard Professor, author of Thermonuclear
Monarchy: Choosing between Democracy and Doom Presented by…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=84&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fthe-enemy-is-us%2F>

Countering Islamophobia: Organizing as a Unified Force
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=85&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fcountering-islamophobia%2F>
February 4 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Arlington Street Church – Chapel
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=86&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Farlington-street-church-chapel%2F>
, 351 Boylston St
Boston, MA 02115 + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=87&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D351%2BBoylston%2BSt%2BBoston%2BMA%2B02115>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=88&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fcountering-islamophobia%2F>

Featured Speakers: Shannon Erwin, Muslim Justice League Hayat Imam,
Dorchester People for Peace ???, Jewish Voice for Peace SUPPORT OUR MUSLIM
NEIGHBORS Back the Muslim community which is facing escalating bigotry and
hate by building relationships with Muslim individuals and organizations
Fight Islamophobia by becoming allies, on an individual and collective
level Work with Local Government, Schools and Muslim Organizations to forge
institutional backing for tolerance, solidarity, civil liberties, safety
and refuge in our cities Interactive sessions at this workshop…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=89&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fcountering-islamophobia%2F>
Celebration of the Life of John Maher
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fcelebration-of-the-life-of-john-maher%2F>
February 4 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
First Parish Cambridge (Meeting House)
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=91&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Ffirst-parish-cambridge-meeting-house%2F>
, 1446 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, 02138 + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=92&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D1446%2BMassachusetts%2BAve%2BCambridge%2B02138>
[image: John Maher Presente]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=93&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fcelebration-of-the-life-of-john-maher%2F>

Our board member, leader, cheerleader, strategist, and inspirer, John
Maher, passed away November 2 after a tough battle with cancer. We relied
on his wisdom, counsel, and judgment. He will be sorely missed. John wrote
his political biography "Learning from the Sixties: Memoir of an
Organizer", http://www.learningfromthesixties.com/, published in 2011. We
recommend it to all! Ellen Sarkisian writes:   "We expect to share stories
of how much he meant to us, his wonderful quirks, as well as his steadfast
commitment…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=94&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fcelebration-of-the-life-of-john-maher%2F>
US Foreign Policy: Intervention or Restraint?
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=95&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fintervention-or-restraint%2F>
February 21 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Watertown Public Library
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=96&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fwatertown-public-library%2F>
, 23 Main St
Watertown, + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=97&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D23%2BMain%2BSt%2BWatertown>
[image: The True Flag: Stephen Kinzer]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=98&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fintervention-or-restraint%2F>

Boston Globe contributor Stephen Kinzer will speak about his new book, The
True Flag: Theodore Roosevelt, Mark Twain, and the Birth of American
Empire.     Sponsored by Watertown Citizens for Peace, Justice & the
Environment; Cosponsored by Massachusetts Peace Action.
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=99&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fintervention-or-restraint%2F>

$10 - $35
Music for Peace: Masterworks for Piano Quartet
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=100&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fmusic-for-peace-2016-2017-2%2F>
March 4 @ 7:30 pm
Harvard-Epworth Methodist Church
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=101&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fvenue%2Fharvard-epworth-methodist-church%2F>
, 1555 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA United States + Google Map
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=102&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3D1555%2BMassachusetts%2BAve.%2BCambridge%2BMA%2BUnited%2BStates>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=103&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fmusic-for-peace-2016-2017-2%2F>

Masterworks for Piano QuartetMarch 4th, 2017Victor Rosenbaum, pianoEunae
Koh, violinMaria Lambros, violaHyun-Ji Kwon, celloMozart piano quartet in
E-flat Major.  K. 493Schumann piano quartet in E-flat Major. Opus 47In the
second concert of our 2016- 2017 Music for Peace series Eunae Koh
(violin), Maria Lambros (viola), Hyun-Ji Kwon (cello) and Victor Rosenbaum
(piano) perform piano quartets composed by Mozart and Schumann.Benefits
Massachusetts Peace Action Education Fund; part of the Music for Peace
Series. Single concert: seats $25 in advance for Mass. Peace Action
members,…
Find out more »
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=104&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fevent%2Fmusic-for-peace-2016-2017-2%2F>

------------------------------

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=105&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.paypal.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwebscr%3Fcmd%3D_s-xclick%26hosted_button_id%3D8VPWRVFXKJ5J8>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=106&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.paypal.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwebscr%3Fcmd%3D_s-xclick%26hosted_button_id%3D8VPWRVFXKJ5J8>

Visit our website to learn more about joining
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=107&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fact%2Fjoin>
the
organization or donating
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=108&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmasspeaceaction.org%2Fact%2Fdonate>
Massachusetts Peace Action!

We thank you for the financial support that makes this work possible.

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=109&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.masspeaceaction.org>Massachusetts
Peace Action
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=110&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.masspeaceaction.org>,
11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138
617-354-2169  • <info at masspeaceaction.org>info at masspeaceaction.org

Click here to unsubscribe
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=113&url=http%3A%2F%2Forg.salsalabs.com%2Fo%2F161%2Fc%2F3952%2Funsubscribe.jsp%3FEmail%3Drozziecole@gmail.com%26email_blast_KEY%3D1354715%26organization_KEY%3D161>

--
*"Not one step back"*

Cole Harrison
Executive Director
Massachusetts Peace Action - the Commonwealth's largest grassroots peace
organization
11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138
617-354-2169 w
617-466-9274 m